Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Acco- what parts do you think I'll need?

G'day guys,

i've been thinking about building a model of my Dads International Acco 1950 D. Technical details are that it has a Cummins 555 "Triple Yuk", an Alison 5 speed auto, six lug spider rims( I think that's how there referred to), 5-10 ton crane, not exactly sure about its rating, and a 20 ft tray. Here's my question. 

What parts would I need to bring this into model form? 

A cab, obviously, and spider rims, a bulbar, the crane from Italeri's truck accesory pack just modified, and mirrors from somewhere if possible. 

I know I've only done the two trucks that I put up here,( Kenworth T900 and W900), but this is a challenge I'm looking to eventually start and conquer. 

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

keep up the good work and keep trucking!

image.jpeg

Edited by Kenny900

I don't know, it might just be that I haven't had enough coffee yet and I'm not fully awake, but it appears to have a lot of Mitsubishi in it to me. 

If you or your dad can look, you didn't say if this is his current daily driver or an old truck from long ago so I don't know if you or him still have access to it or not, see if there is an info plate somewhere that may have a name other than International on it. I know I used to drive a Mack city delivery truck here in the states that was actually a Renault cab just with Mack emblems. I forget if it was on the VIN plate or one of the other data plates/stickers, but I did find the Renault name and logo on one of them. If you or your dad would find something like that in this, that would point you in the right direction for the cab's manufacturer. 

Also, there is a set of similar looking mirrors in the other Italeri Truck Accessories kit. They aren't an exactly match but look as if they would be close. 

Id use an amt ford c600 as a base kit. Auslowe would be good to get the wheels from. An ACCO cab was available previously from the back yard shed but he's closed down so you'll have to keep an eye out for that. 

Cheers

Ben

Thanks guys.

i can get access to the truck, but it won't be until Tuesday that I can go look, I've got a bit on for the next two days. I reckon I could use the fuso tray for it, just cut it down a bit, mixing in a bit of the ford tray shown above. 

Definatly things to think about, and I'll put up my findings on the truck when I get there.

thanks again guys!

Thanks guys.

i can get access to the truck, but it won't be until Tuesday that I can go look, I've got a bit on for the next two days. I reckon I could use the fuso tray for it, just cut it down a bit, mixing in a bit of the ford tray shown above. 

Definatly things to think about, and I'll put up my findings on the truck when I get there.

thanks again guys!

goodly around for the cab. I had a quick look. Couldn't find any in stock. Keep an eye out on eBay as well. Would love to se another Aussie on here showing the Americans our unique vehicles.

Ben