Model Cars Magazine Forum

That certainly brings back memories! What a great idea for a scale version. Does any one produce decals for the Inch Pincher? Imagine that the best choice for the Bug would be Tamiya's version with a stretched Type 2 from Fujimi?

Gonna file this under modelling ideas for the future.

Cheers Misha

Pretty cool. The Inch Pincher and the Deano Dyno Soar were the two Bugs that got me lusting after one for my first car.

ddsoval.jpg 

Oh...and the Lightning Bug...   milldds4.jpg

I couldn't afford much in power-makers early on, but less weight = more go, so I gutted the poor thing, taking out every bit of sound deadening and non-essential other weight. It was like driving an enraged steel trash can.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

A friend and former coworker (he retired) got the ride of his life in the Lightening Bug back in c.1973 ! Apparently , he knew its owner / operator through mutual friends ; he was at the guy's house where the 'Bug was garaged , and was asked if he'd like a ride around the block ! My friend's no stranger to quick and fast cars (his high school buddy had a '68 Dana Camaro which he campaigned in A/MP)  , but he said that the 'Bug was the scariest thing he's ever been in !

That certainly brings back memories! What a great idea for a scale version. Does any one produce decals for the Inch Pincher? Imagine that the best choice for the Bug would be Tamiya's version with a stretched Type 2 from Fujimi?

Gonna file this under modelling ideas for the future.

Cheers Misha

Decals for the bug and the hauler are avail ,,,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301906428751?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have both of these builds on my want to do soon list . And am in gather kits mode now. Was told elsewhere to use the Polar lights spiderman kit for the bug.

• 2 weeks later...

couldn't afford much in power-makers early on, but less weight = more go, so I gutted the poor thing, taking out every bit of sound deadening and non-essential other weight.

Interesting concept. I had one as well. I remember at one point wondering if the weight gain on each "High Performance" enhancing device that I added, i.e. stand off hood hinges, extra capacity oil sump, oil filter, was negating any power gain ?