Model Cars Magazine Forum

59' DBR-LSR Concept

Codi

Well, this is a bit different from the Henry.  It's a "phantom" 59' DBR 1 that I modified for a "run at the record book" at Bonneville.  Therefore, the DBR-LSR tag and why I posted it here on the forum. The first pic or 2 shows the car with some expensive wire wheels I bought that were for a Ferrari GTO from back in the day.  Always wanted to use them on a car, so I mocked this up with those wheels and tires. The next couple of pics show the body with a scale 12" cut out of the middle of the body. I wanted to see what it would like if I did a substantial cut to help "streamline" the body for Bonneville.  This was more of an exercise in fun (took about an hour to cut it up)  and now it goes back on the shelf for a possible future build. The engine would be basically the stock engine, possibly with a 50's era supercharger but I don't think there would be enough room in the bay now that I narrowed it so much. I'd attempt to render it in either brass or aluminum or a combo of both.  Cheers, Tim

59' DBR-LSR 002

59' DBR-LSR 023

59' DBR-LSR 038

59' DBR-LSR 046

For everyone other than Joe....sorry, but it goes back on the shelf for now but thanks for the interest and comments about it.  As mentioned, it was a 1 hour exercise in "having some fun".  I like to do concepts for consideration as possible future projects. 

Joe, you're correct sir, the Mustang funny IS next.  It won't be a chain driven sidewinder however like the Chrisman funny.  I stretched the chassis / body so it can fit in-line.   Of course, back to the Henry now. 

Cheers

Joe, you're correct sir, the Mustang funny IS next.  It won't be a chain driven sidewinder however like the Chrisman funny.  I stretched the chassis / body so it can fit in-line.   Of course, back to the Henry now. 

Cheers

I missed the part about it being a quick peek. I've GOT to stop just looking at the pictures.

For everyone other than Joe....sorry, but it goes back on the shelf for now but thanks for the interest and comments about it.  As mentioned, it was a 1 hour exercise in "having some fun".  I like to do concepts for consideration as possible future projects. 

Cheers

Please put this away for now, I don't think we can handle a second build thread from you Tim. The updates would be way too much for us to deal with, we can barely cope with the updates on the Henry J.

hi,  well, the expressed interest in the car IS encouraging, but you'll see by my other new post today, the Mustang Funny is on the boards.  Joe shamed me into it.  :D

thanks all the same guys.....it was just to satisfy my curiosity as to what it would look like and if I wanted to push ahead with the concept at all......I do kind of like it though.

cheers