Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Torino GT Grille "Open Headlights"

Motor City Resin Casters has had various trans kits of the '70 Torino. You might want to see if he'll sell the grille separate. The kits are $40.

Thanks for the tip. I looked at the site, and I only saw a transkit for a '70 Torino, not the GT, which has a different grille. The pic doesn't include a grille anyway, I guess you'r supposed to use the one from the Cobra donor kit. But I appreciate your response.

jeffb, is the grille from the Monogram Torino Cobra different than the one in the GT? Never got one of the Cobra's and now I found out that it is the one that was used in Nascar, which is what I wanted the build for. Or if they are different does the Cobra have the open light grille?

Missing Link used to make a resin '70 Torino GT convertible with an open headlight GT grille, but I don't recall if they offered the grille by itself. 

did make that in 25th scale from the old mpc kit & would sell any part i make, there wasn't much interest in this one so when the molds died i did not re tool it.

jeffb, is the grille from the Monogram Torino Cobra different than the one in the GT? Never got one of the Cobra's and now I found out that it is the one that was used in Nascar, which is what I wanted the build for. Or if they are different does the Cobra have the open light grille?

im not sure...kevin may know.. hes the cobra kan!

Either one really...if I had a choice I'd choose the hidden headlight grille with the headlight doors open, but I'd be okay with a non-hidden headlight grille as well...I just don't want a Cobra grille. One, it's different than the GT grille, and two, I'm not looking to buy an entire kit just for the grille, especially since the Cobra kits are usually priced pretty highly when they're available.