Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does It Surprise Anyone Else That Revell Hasn't...

Made up a kit of the new Mustang Convertible? It really seems like it would have been a very quick and simple conversion that could have sold a ton more copies of the kit? I hate to use the term, but almost a no-brainer to me!

I've been hoping that they would tool up a convertible since, well, since they came out with the basic kit a few years back, now! I'm in love with the bright yellow with black stripes paint scheme, I would do one of them instantly!

If only I could....(I have no doubt that I could remove a roof with little trouble, but making a boot would be another issue!)

Does anyone remember that Polar Lights announced an '05 Mustang CV back when they announced the '04 Pontiac GTO and the Ford GT?

Seems to me it would have been a pretty good seller. IIRC all of them were supposedly cancelled, and then the GTO and GT got a reprieve and went forward. Art Anderson probably could give us some insight; I'm sure he has said before how far along they got w/the Mustang before the plug was pulled.

Like others have said, nothing Revell does/doesn't do surprises me anymore. We can all conjecture until we're blue in the face, and at the end of the day, where do we get? I'm sure if they think they can make more money off of it vs. something else, we'll see it. Or not. In the meantime, I think they'll have no problem moving Shelby GT350H's and GT500's whenever it is they come out.

I had forgotten that announcement Bob-sure wish it had happened. Even though I dislike the Polar Lights kits I still would have purchased that one.

Pretty much any Mustang that they can come out with are fine with me-I've got probably about 30 of them in the stash (instead of the 20 which I had thought very recently) and eventually some day perhaps I'll finish them!

Oh well...maybe a resin caster will come out with one someday...or perhaps Jada...? I nearly bought their Mustang today but I decided that I didn't need to spend that money so close to the NNL East.

I to am surprised we never saw one released ,i thought when nissan made the 350z convertible tamiya would do one as well ,willing to bet when the new camaro hits the streets and shelves we'll get both coupe and convertible versions.

• 2 weeks later...