Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 68 Charger Restomod

RestoModGuy

Built this Custom Showcar Restomod last summer. Lot's of customizing on this one. This was a really fun build and only my third build after not building in almost 40 years.

Molded in front and rear bumpers - Front air-dam - rear valance with custom quad exhaust system - increased the rear lip spoiler - modified the twin-door scoops to a single 1970 version - and my favorite is the twin air scoop on the hood with the custom engine compartment surround.   

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

Nice custom work. But I have to admit I don't get the point of that "inner hood."

Appreciate the comment, the idea of the engine cover is based on what I see on many show cars now is a formed bodywork approach to the engine bay.

It also serves as the integral cold-air intake. I like it and think it added another custom dimension to the Custom Show car direction I was going with this one. 

It is removable of course to show details, but I didn't photograph that as I intend to show it with it on.

very cool idea's !! styling looks great and that hood is awsome !!

one thing would have completed it , if you would have shaved the moldings on the front window and made the glass so it looked like modern glass , glued ...

Thanks for the comment. Actually I was going to do that but rushed to paint, this was a build-off challenge with limited time 

Gorgeous build and I love the engine cover!!!  The whole package looks modern and up to date with current custom show car design!!!  You nailed it, Jim!!!????????