Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Couldn't resist getting started on this one (kinda lost interest in the Tahoe for now),Aoshima Datsun 720 truck. Will be mostly out of box (I really need to get a finished build on the shelf for motorvation,LOL),but most likely will be using some interior bits from the parts box to change it up a bit.

Looks to be  apretty simple build,a curbside and most of the chassis is molded in (and molded in black)...

Thinking of using these seats/console from an (AMT) S-10 kit,2nd gen...

Did some prep work over the last week,got the body smoothed of mold lines and such (which weren't overly bad OOB). Had some unexpected oral surgery yesterday which threw a kink in the weekend's plans for bench-time,but I did manage to get the body color on (both Tamiya rattle cans,Racing White and Mica Blue)...

The hood and a spot or 2 on the bedsides have a little overspray to clean up,overall I'm happy with the combo though (especially havign shot it >24 hours after surgery,LOL :P ),I'll try and get that cleaned up and some clear on it tomorrow :)

Thanks guys :) I didn't purposely shoot the pics to not show the hood overspray,LOL,but the gleem from the light did cover it nicely :lol: I've not been doing as well today as I'd expected based on how I felt yesterday with recouping from the surgery--been in and out of sleep all day for one thing--so I haven't gotten anything else done like I'd planned,but the day is young still :)

Update (12:40am local time),today was a bad day with surgery recouping,didn't so much as walk past and look at the bench today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :(

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Thanks,guys :) 

Gator,thanks for that too,my friend. No complications so far,but have been feeling a little worse with it each day (thought it was supposed to be the opposite,LOL :P ),but doc said yesterday I'm "healing nicely,just take it easy and be patient" (he was probably talking about the fact that I tried to mow the other day,and have been trying to make me do all my normal routines/chores...wife says I'm a bit stubborn :lol:),so I haven't been able to work on it since last update,other than that I have finished the spray work (glosscoat included). Hoping that I feel up to getting back on it sometime today,growing ansy to finish it,LOL :P 

Steve,thanks my friend :)

Gator,thanks on all counts,SO glad I can actually eat normally again (well...still just on the 1 side,LOL,but otherwise normally :P )

Tony,thanks :) That was pretty much our experiences with late 70's-early 80's Datsuns as well,LOL,ran forever,bodies dripped off in rusty pieces,LOL :lol:

I'm calling it done,I finally got to the LHS for the needed jar paint earlier today (well...it's 1:49am local time,so technically yesterday ;) ),will post it in the finished section in a few minutes :)