Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Trans Am

HNTR

I have been looking for a '71 to '76 T/A vor a little while now. Today a package arrived with no return address. I opened the package and to my DELIGHT was a 1974 T/A!!!! It was obviously from someone I have dealt with before because he had my address. I do believe he is a member of one of my Facebook groups. A GREAT PERSON!!!

I excitedly opened it up and began working on it. It is a curbside kit, until I got my knife out. I removed the hood and than cut out the engine compartment from a scrap '70 T/A I had. I may even open the trunk but not sure at this time. I think it will go together well but need to do things very carefully. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks and THANK YOU to whomever sent me this!!

OOOooooohhhh I am so watching this one,I just got one of these also ,mine is blue on the box art being its the motorized version (Yeeee Hawww) ......Like the opening of the hood and looks like the engine bay matches up pretty nicely ...

This body has all the grooves for an electric motor. I think they are all the same. The engine compartment fits really nice. Trying to be very careful with it because I don't think I will ever be able to get another one. Between the high cost and rarity.

Nice score Mark, wish I had an angel like that! Those T/As really continued the muscle car tradition with their looks, too bad, with all the emission regulations being mandated at that time, they couldn't continue the tradition with their performance!

That engine bay looks right on the money in there! I bet you'd even be able to slam the Monogram 1/24 78 Firebird 3n1 chassis and interior under it!

Chasis is off a little bit. The 78 is too long but the '70 is very very close. I plan on keeping the doors open also so it seems like alot more work to put it under there.  

Edited by HNTR

I'll also be watching as I have one of these in the Snakepit. Will build it as soon as I can figger out if Buccaneer Red is more red or red-orange (like Chevy Engine Red, perhaps?).

What color are you planning to paint yours?

I'll also be watching as I have one of these in the Snakepit. Will build it as soon as I can figger out if Buccaneer Red is more red or red-orange (like Chevy Engine Red, perhaps?).

What color are you planning to paint yours?

I am painting it pure white with the black and white interior. I will also be using the orange chicken on the hood and the orange "T/A's" on the side and rear spoiler.