Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jim Reeds 59 Impala

59 Impala

Your decals look more correct than the Yesterday's decals I used on mine (see separate topic).  Did you make them?

A friend of mine has an Alps printer and he made them for me.  He has a business and it's Red Pegasus Decals.  He does mostly airplane decals but because of me he's starting to do car stuff.  Dan

Great job  on this, really cool.I love old NASCAR rides, when men where men and you had to wrestle the wheel all day long. I currently live between Peekskill & Mahopac. Never knew there was a NASCAR connection so close to me. Fisher Bros is gone, I'll have to see if I can hunt down the garage.

Google tells me after racing, he opened a GMC truck dealership in the mid '60's. Still there selling Mitsubishi & UD trucks.

Great to know this John.  I have seen pictures of this car with the GMC dealership on the side also.  I have to get some of the other decals to finish this or make my own.  Thanks for the kind words.  Dan

Thanks Bruce.  That was my favorite time for NASCAR.  From the 50's to the early 70's.  After that, I lost interest in the 80's when they took front wheel drive cars and changed to rear wheel drive.  It just isn't the same anymore.  Dan

• 1 year later...

It's been awhile since I responded and I want to thank Mike for the nice comment.  I had to re-post a couple of pictures because Photobucket is history and I can't even go there to my own pictures.  I am now working on Rex White's 60 Impala and have started posting pictures from another source.  Dan