Model Cars Magazine Forum

If you stick with the hobby, for the future, you'll find that if you save any leftover, unused parts from your finished  kits, and/or, "borrow" parts from kits that have multiple sets of wheels/tires, engines, etc., you'll eventually wind up with a sizable stash of parts for kit bashing. 

So far eBay has been a pretty good source for me, as has this forum, and as have other kits I own. I probably get most of my spare parts on eBay...I can usually find something I want or very similar to what I want for pretty cheap...for me the trick has not been to search for the part I want, but to search for junk kits that contain the parts I want, or look for bulk sales (often called "lots" on eBay). I've bought 20 sets of miscellaneous tires (80 tires) for like $25+ shipping...for me that was an acceptable and good deal, and I'd consider that cheap...for others, they'd say I'm a "sucker" and would have never paid that much themselves, so it all boils down to what you want and what you're willing to pay (if anything). I always look at it as, I can easily earn money, and I can't easily scrap-build a lot of the parts I want (at least, not yet). I've also had good luck trading with other members too, but usually you have to have something you're willing to trade that someone else wants.