Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Snap-Tite '34 Ford sedan.

CSMO

For our Model of the Quarter Club Build,  the members of my local club are each building the same kit. We all have different interests so we each will put our own unique spin on the finished model. I am an airplane builder, so I chose a color palate that utilized WW2 airplane camouflage colors. The kit has a choice of open-wheel or full-body. I chose the latter. Construction is totally OOB.

The car is hand-brushed Xtracolor German Luftwaffe RLM 75 Grauviolett(Gray-Violet) over Xtracolor British Navy Fleet Air Arm Sky Grey. The chassis is the lower body color.  Xtracolor camouflage paints are gloss right out of the tins to make application of decals easier than having to add a gloss coat to flat military paints before decalling. I am happy with my "Gray Ghost".

Adios, Larry, the Airplane Guy.

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

Edited by CSMO
Goof-up

If you are an airplane builder I'm sure you're familiar with washes. Well, this model could use a black wash on the grille to tone down the "model" look and give the grille some depth. You also might want to think about adding some taillights, just for a little more realism.

The taillights were added after these pictures were taken. I trimmed the ones from the kits self-adhesive stickers and placed them in the depressions in the trunk lid and sealed them with Johnson's Future. I will try the wash. Maybe a little Pollyscale Grimy Black thinned with isopropyl alcohol. Thanks for the input.

Adios, Larry the Airplane Guy.