Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Pete 359 color question

Oh, just realized you were talkin about modifying the rims. The front rims, the mounting hole needs to be opened up some and the axle trimmed to get the rim and tire in the right position in the fender. The rear, I fill the hole with left over sprue and putty, let it sit for a couple days. I then drill it out to the size of the axle, which also needs to be trimmed down to get them in the right position. Hope this answers the question you asked.

How about the rear wheels set from the Round 2 AMT Transtar 4300? Would they slot it without modification?

Edited by JerseeJerry55

100_0965_zpshf1vuh1o.jpgHey Jerry, the Model Truckin decals are very nice to work with. They are generally thinner than kit decals, and will conform to irregularities better: rivets, door seams, etc... I was impressed enough to get 10 or 12 sets from Mr. Reeder. Just pick the ones you like best, and go for it.

I always had reservations about snap kits, but I broke down and built one, not out of the box, but really enjoyed it. It will not be the last one, and the best part, I get a 3406 A for other builds. This is how mine went.post-11762-0-70382600-1400158395_thumb.jpost-11762-0-57710800-1405711114_thumb.j

Edited by purepmd

Hey Jerry, the Model Truckin decals are very nice to work with. They are generally thinner than kit decals, and will conform to irregularities better: rivets, door seams, etc... I was impressed enough to get 10 or 12 sets from Mr. Reeder. Just pick the ones you like best, and go for it.

I always had reservations about snap kits, but I broke down and built one, not out of the box, but really enjoyed it. It will not be the last one, and the best part, I get a 3406 A for other builds. This is how mine went.post-11762-0-70382600-1400158395_thumb.jpost-11762-0-57710800-1405711114_thumb.j

Thanks. How do they work with decal setting solution?

JerseeJerry

Okay ordered the stripes from Model Truckin. I liked the Peterbilt PB-130 stripes set for this truck. Requested them in Black w/ Silver outline. That way if I go Maroon, Green, or Blue on the paint job I'm covered. Can't wait to start this project. Will post as I go. Also can anyone suggest where I might find a visor for the cab?

JerseeJerry

Edited by JerseeJerry55
Can't spell

Rhino on ebay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/PETERBILT-1-25-SCALE-MODEL-TRUCK-DROP-VISOR-POLISHED-ALUMINUM-/322118293857?nav=SEARCH

Okay ordered the stripes from Model Truckin. I liked the Peterbilt PB-130 stripes set for this truck. Requested them in Black w/ Silver outline. That way if I go Maroon, Green, or Blue on the paint job I'm covered. Can't wait to start this project. Will post as I go. Also can anyone suggest where I might find a visor for the cab?

JerseeJerry

Okay have just gotten back from a few days at the Jersey Shore and have decided to start the Pete. I have chosen a color for her. The cab is Tamiya Park Green spray lacquer. The fenders, fuel tanks, and the frame will be Tamiya British Green spray lacquer. Have included some photos. As always commentary is welcomed. Thanks for looking. 

JerseeJerry55

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You need to put the side wall of the drive tires o er the lip. The "bead" doesn't go inside. But other than that it looks great.

Thanks a lot. The first of many of these Revell issues. When you say sidewall over the lip on the drive tires you mean the inners correct?

Edited by JerseeJerry55

Nice work Jerry, it looks great.

Thanks. Outside of the fire extinguisher inside decal being upside down and the fiddly stacks and the well publicized wheel/tire issues. I'm pleased with this one. The W900 Snapper has been ordered today and looking forward to building it using what I learned from the Pete. Looking to do some more to the KW than I did on the Pete. Weathering is one trick but not sure I am up to it but I do wanna try. It just may go Pete, KW, Pete, KW, etc. on my truck builds moving forward. Eventually I want the snap tites to appear as not snap tites as I learn to detail more and more. Thanks again.

JerrseeJerry55