Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford

Luis Ayala

My Dad used to say that after the storm, calm comes...

Well... :( after loosing my job on October 2007 I had no choice but to sold about 85% of my model kits collection, including most of my already started projects.

First thing first you know...

I got a new job but now I have to catch up, pay the bills and stay focus. I just wanted to share with you some pics of a 1932 Ford "Highboy" I build for our first meeting challenge. This is the first model I have finished this year and even it is not a highly detail build, I really enjoyed getting something done again.

I only added R & M dashboard-gauge detail set and the spark plug wires. Paint color is Duplicolor "Autumn Maple†with black primer to make it darker. No clearcote was applied, just polished the paint.

A simple project, but a really nice kit to warm up again after “Hibernationâ€â€¦ :lol:

Hope you like it and thanks for looking… :P

HB01.jpg

HB02.jpg

HB03.jpg

HB04.jpg

HB05.jpg

Hello there friend! Sorry to hear the bad news and building always gets me out the stompes of life. Now thats the spirit, I hope things get rollin for you again and what a comeback!! Love the color and the subject and the wheels are a nice throw-in!! Keep on wit the keepin on!!! Palante' amigo

peace

ajulia

I am just happy that you are building and posting again my friend, don't worry about the selling of your models, you know that all you have to do is talk to me and I will take care of you! As you well know I was going through some difficulties myself but I always thank God that I know I am not alone. Just make sure to keep busy around here man, it is the best forum in the world!!!! ;);)

Wow Luis! I'm sorry to hear that! ;) You sold that beautiful '53 Ford??

I think I'd never get over having to sell some of the stuff I've built over the years! :o Just the same, I'm glad things are gettin' back on track! Things are slow where I'm working right now.............we have work, but it's not like it was even 6 months ago. They haven't laid off folks, but they're asking us to take voluntary furloughs.

The highboy looks fantastic! Sometime as a diversion, I need to try my hand at a street rod.

Glad to see you're back here posting again! ;)

Wow Luis! I'm sorry to hear that! ;) You sold that beautiful '53 Ford??

I think I'd never get over having to sell some of the stuff I've built over the years! :o Just the same, I'm glad things are gettin' back on track! Things are slow where I'm working right now.............we have work, but it's not like it was even 6 months ago. They haven't laid off folks, but they're asking us to take voluntary furloughs.

The highboy looks fantastic! Sometime as a diversion, I need to try my hand at a street rod.

Glad to see you're back here posting again! ;)

Furloughs???? Come on Bill, why do you always have to make me break out the dictionary??? You see what youv'e done?? Luis is going back into hibernation!!! :o:lol:;)

that would be a bummer to sell off most everything. this is a nice looking rod! i commend you are turning the whitewalls in, not many are brave enough to do that lol

I am just happy that you are building and posting again my friend, don't worry about the selling of your models, you know that all you have to do is talk to me and I will take care of you! As you well know I was going through some difficulties myself but I always thank God that I know I am not alone. Just make sure to keep busy around here man, it is the best forum in the world!!!! :lol:;)

Luis,

yeah, my condolences too, but now NEW models! to post, and like Marcos says, this forum is the best!! I remember working at the good old gas stations, putting on tires, and how some of the people would put the whites in. Didn't understand that at the time, but......... Great little detail, that, and so cool how it shows so much on your nicely done 32. Love them blue plug wires, btw, too :wub:

Keep 'em coming! Later, ######'n

He's BAAaaack!!!! :(

I'm blessed to count Luis as a personal close friend. We met yesterday for lunch and guess what we talked about :D

Things are starting to shape up so expect great things from him in the future.

He is not only a very talented builder, but his dedication and passion for promoting the hobby have make him an ambassador worth of admiration!

...yet I still can't decal and clear like him... darn it! :lol:

Thanks,

Thank you guys for your kind words!!!!!!

Sometimes life seems to be unfair but it is just a matter of perspective, you can always see something positive from these situations. We can’t stand still in our "safety zone" and forget that the whole world is changing and that somehow someday those changes are going to hit us.

Thanks ajulia, "pa' lante hermano pa' tras ni pa' coger impulso" -_-

Thanks awbcrazy, I love whitewalls but this time I wanted to break the rules and be just a little different… you know… people will stop and stare...wondering why in the world this guy did this???? ;) Is just an "Armor All" thing… B)

Thanks Marcos, I always count on you brother… ;)

Hi Bill!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that from your work, this thing is happening everywhere…

I managed to keep the 53' and believe me I had good offers, but I really love it so is sitting on the back shelf for now. As for the rest of the projects they are all gone including the BMW507 I posted earlier this year.

Glad you like the 32' I will be posting something new in a couple of days.

Take care my friend…

Hi Dan, yes you are right the wheel covers are from the AMT Studebaker!!!!

Thanks ######'n, you bet I'll keep 'em coming buddy.!!!!!!

Thanks Ismael, the honor is mine…

Again thank you all for your kind words...

Luis

Edited by Papin67

Very nice roadster!!! That would have been a perfect candidate for a flathead!!! Are youu the same papin67 that used to hang out at Joes Diecast Shack?

Thanks RatRod, I am glad you like it!!!!!

I thought of it, but since this was a quick project I changed my mind and decided to use the engine that came with the kit.

About the Joes Diecast Shack question, nop I am not the same papin67. ;)