Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Shelby Blue Crew Theme is Returning To My Bench

Well its been a short while since i have built a Shelby or what if Shelby, most recent being my 2017 Ford GT. Well I have come to realize that I need more. So I did a little online shopping and purchased what could be then end of the Blue Crew until the next generation of Shelby unless I come across a 1/25 Cobra Daytona. So Here is a reminder of the Crew and the 4 new What if GT500s. These pictures ended up on a few facebook groups and then i remembered i forgot the what if 2017 GT500 so thats why it got its own picture. The Monroe Handler isnt a stock body so it may end up with GT500KR stripes.

cobracollection.thumb.jpg.cad6a45272d525gt500.thumb.jpg.482e6a7167732f12ef870c3ccobrasss.thumb.png.c4c77d1ef77c25a92dbbf

• 3 weeks later...

a new topic has been created and will be the default topic for these 4 carsshelby.thumb.jpg.ce5b06973b51c75ed26bc2c

I thought you would of squeezed a what if pickup truck into that lineup.

I may have indirectly now that i think of it. I have a replica of my 75 F250 of how i would build it. Its shelby themed and blue but not sapphire blue. it is ford tractor blue i believe.blue.thumb.jpg.a4bac345068793b91959c1a28

You need a blue '76 Mustang II, Cobra II for your collection. Not a true Shelby. But, Ford paid Carol some money for using the "Shelby" look on the cars at the time. A lame and yet cool car at the same time.

That's kind of what the monroe handler is for me in this group. But it will have custom made shelby decals instead of cobra 2 decals.

If I ever find and buy one I just might.

MPC made one back when the cars were brand new. That's another kit I'd like to see Round 2 bring back. If they ever do, I'll be buildin mine to match your fleet. But sorry, it will stay in my fleet of cars if it ever happens. I don't have anywhere near the fleet of Shelby related cars that you do. I do have enough that I'm sure Carol is pleased with me from the great beyond.