Model Cars Magazine Forum

cover cars issue 202

The gold deuce is by Tim Kolankiewicz, and the Volvo with the bikes on the roof is by Bob Downie. Both models were featured in the coverage of the NNL Southern Nationals that appeared in the January 2016 issue.

So how in the world did those two models wind up on the cover of the February 2016 Contest issue?

When selecting the models to appear on the February 2016 Contest Issue cover, by mistake I clicked on the NNL Southern Nationals folder which was in my January issue folder of materials, and pulled those two images into my February Contest Issue cover folder. Not sure how that happened exactly, other than to say that when you're dealing with dozens of contest files and hundreds and hundreds of contest model photos, sometimes you make a mistake. I literally clicked on the wrong folder, and wound up with two models that had already appeared in the January issue mistakenly appearing on the February cover.

In the world of magazine publishing we have a technical term for a situation like that. We call it "I messed up."

The gold deuce is by Tim Kolankiewicz, and the Volvo with the bikes on the roof is by Bob Downie...In the world of magazine publishing we have a technical term for a situation like that. We call it "I messed up."

Thanks for the clarification. And the honesty!  I would've blamed a goof like that on the computer. Or maybe a cat.

Personally, I thought it was kinda fun -- searching the issue for more info on cover models, even though the info wasn't there.  I thought it was a neat ploy to get readers to check every page - even when a reader might otherwise "skip" a contest for some unknown reason. 

Pure inadvertent error?  That's okay, too.  No harm, no foul. 

I knew I recognized the Deuce, and that I had seen the wagon somewhere, some time . . .

All things considered, no biggie.  ;)