Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '72 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442

echoxrayniner

Man I enjoyed this kit so, so much. I wish I had bought the photo etched parts for this kit so the emblems would look less like stickers and more like, well yeah emblems. The only thing I didn't really like about the kit is that the interior decals kind of look like those old LEGO ones with comical knobs and such. And also kinda wish I had an airbrush to clear-coat the body after doing the silver, hand painting a metallic coat is... savagely difficult already and figured it would look even less good if I hand painted a clear coat on it. But hey, stubbornness perseveres. Also messed up the 442 with an chrome/silver acrylic pen which now literally tears my OCD-ridden-soul asunder everytime I see it.

72oldsmobile442-3.jpg

72oldsmobile442-7.jpg

72oldsmobile442-13.jpg

72oldsmobile442-16.jpg

Looks pretty sharp to me.  I really like the way the convertible top looks.  Am I to understand this is brush painted?  If so, outstanding job!

Yup, never airbrushed a single model in my life, attempted once but the compressor my old man got me gave up living so quickly abandoned the idea. The only exclusion is I used a Testors spraycan to make a model metallic blue cause a painting attempt at it failed miserably, but of the +/- 70 models I got, only one's sprayed. And thanks! <3