Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Chrysler 300

James2

As if I didn't have enough projects, here's one more. I guess you gotta strike while the iron is hot! And since the Vic is in waiting...

I picked this up at the NNL National for cheap. I wanted to build another semi-mild custom some what like my 59 Buick. It was a perfect build up to start with, that is until I started disassembly. 

Things went well until I removed the glass. In hindsight I would have ground the infected area down completely and then took the glass out. But that would have been to easy! But back on track now, I soaked the pieces in Purple Power for a few days and then finished the taking there of apart, after which I began messaging the body. Clean up and a few custom changes to come including a mild chop and some Lucas Headlights, de-chroming and bumper adjusting too!

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

Here is where the fun begins...

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

Follow along if you like, http://s176.photobucket.com/user/fredjames_2007/library/62 300?sort=2&page=1

Edited by James2

Here's another update...

After the semi chop and vent removal,  I decided to add some material to the window opening.

IMG_4015.jpg

And a couple shots of the body with new trim.

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

I need to figure something out for the grill soon.

IMG_4018.jpg

Edited by James2
!!

• 3 weeks later...