Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about the "new" SA forums...

I know there are members here who are also on the "other site", so maybe someone can fill me in here...

I cannot access the SA forums. I registered for the new forum, but now when I try to access the forum, retrieve my screen name, or contact them, the entire "body" of the page just comes up blank.

Have I been banned, or is there some other issue I'm not aware of???

As a long time member of the SA forum, I had to use a new password to get it! The 'new' SA forum has plenty of bugs to work out and several others reported the same problems and many others...I reckons it will take time to fix it all but it does look good so far. Email me if you need the email address to the forum ok?

~ Jeff

As a long time member of the SA forum, I had to use a new password to get it! The 'new' SA forum has plenty of bugs to work out and several others reported the same problems and many others...I reckons it will take time to fix it all but it does look good so far. Email me if you need the email address to the forum ok?

~ Jeff

Even when I follow a link that goes DIRECTLY to a specific thread, all I get are the header, the "tree" (forum-subforum-title) and the ads that go down the right side of the page. Not even so much as a red "X" where the actual post is supposed to be

If you can get into the forums, wanna see if you can prod "fastfloyd" into returning my emails?

Edited by Blue coyote

Even when I follow a link that goes DIRECTLY to a specific thread, all I get are the header, the "tree" (forum-subforum-title) and the ads that go down the right side of the page. Not even so much as a red "X" where the actual post is supposed to be

Sounds like you're getting the same screen responce as I am.....

I use Firefox, but others using it are still getting in.....maybe something to do with setting, but I'm not altering mine, just to get in there.....my system is old..('puter) and I know there is a newer Firefox 2 available, but mine is too slow to update...

I have been in and had a look around using IE, but it all looks too "advertised"......and still a pain to navigate.....

Sounds like you're getting the same screen responce as I am.....

I use Firefox, but others using it are still getting in.....maybe something to do with setting, but I'm not altering mine, just to get in there.....my system is old..('puter) and I know there is a newer Firefox 2 available, but mine is too slow to update...

I'm running Netscape 7.2 on a Celeron 566 :ph34r:

Guest Gramps-xrds
I'm running Netscape 7.2 on a Celeron 566 :ph34r:

I'd say right there's your problem. Netscape in my opinion was always ###### but still better than IE. Have you ever tried Mozilla Firefox. Thats what most ppl are using instead of IE. The only ppl that use IE are ppl that don't know better. With a 566 processor it might take it longer to load everything and Netscape has a lot of things loaded into it that run in the background that may be eating your memory too.

No sure what my problem was there..ended up creating a new user id, couldn't unlock my old id....am using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on my new Mac Book Pro (4gb ram, 2.6ghz, scary fast). Not sure if I like the new forum format there, though.

You guys have to re-register again, that is according to their new rules w/ the new format. Might be able to use the old password but definetly will have to go in as new users or so!!!! :D

You guys have to re-register again, that is according to their new rules w/ the new format. Might be able to use the old password but definetly will have to go in as new users or so!!!! :D

Tried that. Still getting NOTHING where the actual forum is supposed to be. The ads load just fine, though...

Tried that. Still getting NOTHING where the actual forum is supposed to be. The ads load just fine, though...
I talked w/ Jim Haught today at the Mid-Atlantic NNL and he told me that they are still trying to perfect it and will take a little time...

If you can get into the forums, wanna see if you can prod "fastfloyd" into returning my emails?

I did try that but even that feature is not working yet....I get in the forum just fine now but many features are not working yet and other members have problems I don't have and I have problems they don't have...most got in with their old password and others have mention, keep trying & it will finally let you in at some point in time.

The whole thing is a mess and many of the problems were not expected and the word is, in due time, everything will be working great. :D

The best I can say is, keep trying and maybe wait a few days or weeks or :( before checking it out again.

~ Jeff

Guest Gramps-xrds
Methinks that King Gates iz trying to "Lock-in" Vista as the "only" Internet engine to use.....just my humble opinion.

I'm afraid Vista is an operating system, not an internet engine, IE is their search engine. Vista sux big time. Thier still trying to fix all the bugs it has. They'er on the third major fix now. and I doubt it will help that much.

:D Guys,guys,guys,TAKE THE HINT! Kalmbach found out you were members HERE an BLACKLISTED your as%#s! YOUR NOT WANTED THERE! So who needs em anyway. Just stay here where your wanted and loved an everyone knows your name.(kinda like Cheers!) No fuss, no muss, jus be HAPPY!!!!! :D:D:D:):lol::lol:;)

I talked w/ Jim Haught today at the Mid-Atlantic NNL and he told me that they are still trying to perfect it and will take a little time...

I also talked with Jim about the same thing yesterday. He told me that he too had trouble regaining his status on his own site... It will get worked out though.

On a side note... Was very nice to see you again Cruiser!

I'm afraid Vista is an operating system, not an internet engine, IE is their search engine. Vista sux big time. Thier still trying to fix all the bugs it has. They'er on the third major fix now. and I doubt it will help that much.

I've finally made the switch to only Macs...no more Windows garbage for me.

I think they've got a long way to go before they even hit "substandard ######" much less "perfected"...

On the upside, now all I get is the header. Not even the ADS show up!

And I'm still trying to get in contact with "FastFloyd" from over there. He stopped returning my emails and owes me some parts (like, since February...)

And once I cleared all the damned cookies their frigging site set on my computer (about 30!) now they won't let me log in at all because they claim my cookies are set to "off" (which they aren't. Even tried setting it to accept cookies from anyone, anywhere, and STILL no go)

Edited by Blue coyote

Guest Gramps-xrds

Blue, there's an easy way to fix the cookie problem. Use Mozilla. In mozilla under tools/options tell it to accept cookies and delete them when you exit. I only use Mozilla and don't have any problems getting in and I even got my old user name back. It took a few tries though. IE has built in spyware and data niners and god knows what else.

Blue, there's an easy way to fix the cookie problem. Use Mozilla. In mozilla under tools/options tell it to accept cookies and delete them when you exit. I only use Mozilla and don't have any problems getting in and I even got my old user name back. It took a few tries though. IE has built in spyware and data niners and god knows what else.

Only thing is, I still use Netscape (7.2) because its the last version that supports my email. I'm in my 40's, and I have trouble getting used to "new" stuff. Its just not worth it for me to try importing all of my bookmarks and settings, set up new email settings and parameters, install a new browser, and delete the old one (I'm on a Celeron 566 Etower, so memory is at a premium), JUST so I can sign up for a forum that's more stiff-necked than I like, and hunt down a modeller who may have burned me over a model kit worth less than $15.

I've tried emailing FastFloyd again, and if he doesn't respond, then I'll have to start giving people a heads-up about him on the rest of the modelling forums I frequent...

I've tried emailing FastFloyd again, and if he doesn't respond, then I'll have to start giving people a heads-up about him on the rest of the modelling forums I frequent...

I have seen him in the SA forum a few times but not since the 'new' system started...I will keep an eye out for him & let you know ok? If theres one thing I don't like, is dishonest people...IF thats what he is up to. I keep a long list of such folks! Keep in mind tho, honest mistakes do happen very often!

Sorry your having problems at the 'other' site and theres a long line behind you too!

~ Jeff

Guest zebm1

I use a program called.....and I ain't trying to get banned again....this is tha name of tha program...."###### Cleaner." But ya gotta be careful......it cleans out all of tha deadwood. I'll see ifn I can find an easier prog for those w/o extensive puker experience. ;)

Guest Gramps-xrds

There's a program called "clean up " from steven r gould that I ues. It cleans all the cookies and temp files along w/ other junk you don't want on your pc. It's a free program too.