Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford Sedan Coupe Super Deluxe

Lovefordgalaxie

Started on this one sooner this month. 

Going slow. 

More than two weeks on and I have just prepared the body, and painted it... 

There were two small body panel joints missing between the cowl and the kick panels, but I scribed them.

In general the body is great. Mold lines were so faint one can actually miss them. 

1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

Even the ejector pin marks are faint and easy to correct. 

Today i'm polishing the body, and starting on the frame/engine.

That is going to look so good in black. I've hesitated to pick one of these up yet just because I don't know when I will get around to building it... but it looks like a beautiful kit.

I for sure can recommend it. 

The body is very well done. Spot on. 

The rest of the kit, well it's basically the same it's being around since '98 on the convertible and woody.

Only the interior is Sedan Coupe specific, as obviously the body. 

The only thing I didn't like are the no name tires. Stole the Good Years from my Woody kit. 

Looking great Túlio!!!!! I will be watching progress on this. Been wanting one and the box art looked odd around the windshield area, but I was hoping it was an "art touch up" issue. From what I see on your build, it is. 

The issues I see on the art photo is the windshield looks curved and not flat and "V'd" as it should be. Another issue is the windshield seems too tall, but I know the trim is molded to the windshield. I hope this takes up the space. The Chopped version was bad for this flaw and mine has not been built due to it.

If you look at the pics posted you will see what I mean by the windshield looking off. I used the door frame as a point to judge the windshield height. I also posted a pic of the chopped car and it shows the height issue pretty clear. Opening is above the frame and drip rail

If anybody's build will verify how it really looks, yours will. Your builds and photography are excellent.

85-4318-lg.jpg

DSC04759.jpg

ford-super-deluxe-coupe-3.jpg

60867_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

Edited by Sledsel

Looking great Túlio!!!!! I will be watching progress on this. Been wanting one and the box art looked odd around the windshield area, but I was hoping it was an "art touch up" issue. From what I see on your build, it is. 

The issues I see on the art photo is the windshield looks curved and not flat and "V'd" as it should be. Another issue is the windshield seems too tall, but I know the trim is molded to the windshield. I hope this takes up the space. The Chopped version was bad for this flaw and mine has not been built due to it.

If you look at the pics posted you will see what I mean by the windshield looking off. I used the door frame as a point to judge the windshield height. I also posted a pic of the chopped car and it shows the height issue pretty clear. Opening is above the frame and drip rail

If anybody's build will verify how it really looks, yours will. Your builds and photography are excellent.

Thanks!

The windshield is not curve, that is really just the touch up on the box.

It's about 1,5mm too high, but I can live with that. The glass is correct, V shaped as it's supposed to be, and the trim also looks good. 

Compared to Revell's 1957 Ford, this one is quite accurate. More accurate than the IMC '48, what makes it the best stock body available today.

I'll build the custom, my cousin whats one and already gave me the kit... Oh boy...

Hate chopped cars. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5af41928f08e6d9a725fc97This is mine. Someday I'll get around to building the model.

We could be related!!!! My 46 'in progress'......I have a mint IMC for the 46 parts to add to the Revell kit......somefay!!! 

Your 1/1 is a little more finished....but I'll get there....only had it 11 months.....

DSC01337.JPG

Nice work so far, it's the first one I've seen being built, I'm so impressed with the 48 convertible I'm building at the moment I've bought a couple of these to build later, but I fancy building the woody next 

Hummm. Don't tell me you will paint your woody maroon... 

Just painted mine maroon today... It was one of that "while the paint dries" thing.

1948 Ford 03 007.JPG

Started on this one sooner this month. 

Going slow. 

More than two weeks on and I have just prepared the body, and painted it... 

There were two small body panel joints missing between the cowl and the kick panels, but I scribed them.

In general the body is great. Mold lines were so faint one can actually miss them. 

31701449641_2466f11911_c.jpg1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

31008009653_4378a30943_c.jpg1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

Even the ejector pin marks are faint and easy to correct. 

31701447041_0ff03f9388_c.jpg1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

31774293601_583074644c_c.jpg1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

31890850765_a76e48c2aa_c.jpg1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

Today i'm polishing the body, and starting on the frame/engine.

The black paint is perfect. I have always enjoyed your stock builds. I'm in the final assembly of this same model, although it is more of a mild street machine type build. There seems to be a gap in the floor board in the area of the drive shaft hump. This is where the bottom of the interior bucket and the floor boards on which the frame mounts. It is a little more than .5 mm and with everything painted flat black I don't think it will show that much. Revell has never responded as to why it's there, but I'm thinking it's because of the different body styles built off of this chassis. I look forward to following your build.  

yes i am, I've already had the paint mixed up

LOL!!!!!!!

I used Tamiya maroon. Very close match to Mansoon Maroon, the original 1948 Ford color. 

Anyway, I'll finish the Sedan Coupe first. 

One thing about those new kits is that they have no name tires (sorry, tyres).

So, I got the Good Years from the woody. Had to paint the white walls. 

The Sedan Coupe kit tyres have tampo printed whitewalls that are quite good. Will use them on the woody. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5af41928f08e6d9a725fc97This is mine. Someday I'll get around to building the model.

Love the lower valance under the grill. Fabricated from flipped over grill pieces I assume. My 48 had similar headlights, but I had smaller rings from a 56 Ford truck. The "V" butted glass is nice too

Happy new year gentlemen!!

Started 2017 well, and went building early. 

Painted all the parts i'm going to use on my Ford. 

The engine was painted with enamel, so I'll only finish detailing it around Tuesday afternoon. 

Interior paint is in new for 1948 solid color (no stripes) blue cloth, a very rare option as most cars were gray (with stripes).

The window cranks and as tray were detail painted with Model Master chrome silver enamel. Hate to foil window cranks...

Revell 1948 Ford Sedan Coupe WIP by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

The chassis was built and painted as a unit. 

Carefully masked the axle ends, so the wheels will spin freely. If I can't play with it, while doing flathead V8 sounds with my mouth, why all this effort for??????????

Brush painted the headliner. 

That rear window was a NIGHTMARE to glue on!!! Ended having to tape it down, and let superglue to flow around it. Almost had a nervous breakdown doing that.

Out of the box with the Tamiya tape, and on went the gas tank color.

Tried a new trick on the wheels. To replicate (or at least tray to) the pin striping around the hubcap.

To do so, I used my Dremel tool. Took one of the rubber sanding /polishing points, and fit the wheels on it by the center hole. This way I could spin the wheels slowly while holding a fine brush, painted the pin stripping. Couldn't get them all 100% alike, but they look nice!!

Las thing done between all work done on the 31st and 1st, was to finish the body foil. 

Love chrome on black!!!!!!