Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Porsche 930 mashup

zak78

This Tamiya is 930 is my "reward WIP;" it's what I allow myself to work on only after I've made progress on more difficult models. As I'd done a "fat-tires" Tamiya 911 earlier last year, this was to be its opposite; lower than low, and a little over-the-top with 90s-style accessories. Other stuff: 

Ruf-style rain-gutters delete, filled mirror holes, Scale Production ducktail, SP Singer projector headlights. 

--Silly-wide 18" aluminum wheel barrels by Mike Newport

--959 interior tub

--934 motor (really just a plate) and header/ turbo transplant, complete with factory bonkers exhaust (aluminum tubes added) 

Still need a LOT. This is maybe 85-90% if that. 

image2.JPG

image4.JPG

image3.JPG

image2.PNG

Edited by zak78

This is soooo cool. I love the exhaust and the projector lights. Awesome!

Thanks! I leaned a little too hard on the clear-blue and came out with lights that look a little ricey, but they're part of it now. 

Oooh, I like the direction of this one. Has a bit of a Rauh Welt vibe to it.

Thanks! I'm guessing it's because those wheels are 18s, which are a little big for a 930.  I'm considering replacing them with 17" Fifteen52 Outlaws and saving those (Aoshima Koenigs, made in 1:1 by O.Z.)  for an actual RWB build.

Stunning!

Thanks! 

Excellent, I love it. Stance and "silly-wide" wheels look great!

Thanks! It's one of those embarrassing metal-axles kits, so I figured I may as well make the most of it lol. 

I just noticed, the interior pics aren't showing up. That's odd; here they are. I'll reup all pics to cloud hosting manana. Right now I'm stuck at work, and with a firewall that blocks access to them. I need to do something more interesting with the package shelf, and possible add a half-cage with seatbelts. The 959 seats have been reworked a bit to set at a different angle. I know the steering wheel would be more "tasteful" with a silver or black center. That's why it's blue ;) . Intentionally out of my comfort zone. 

image1.JPG

image5.JPG

Edited by zak78