Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blue Suede Deuce

Jantrix

I've really sort of fallen for the whole "suede" look that's getting popular for hot rods. I'm tired of seeing the primer grey/black/red though, so I decided on this. This is the Revell 32 Coupe, painted Krylon Satin Blue, with a coat of Krylon Matte clear afterward. The engine will be the 392 Hemi from the Predicta show car. The wide whites are hand painted with Tamiya acrylic and the kit wheels have the spokes painted in steel for a mild Torque Thrust look. No wiring or special detailing, I'm just looking for a clean build. More pics soon.

100_0723.jpg

100_0724-1.jpg

that's really slick! i also love the satin look, have you used their satin clear over gloss paint? how well doed it work?

Casey, this is my first attempt at a suede paint job aside from your average flat black/primer. I started with the Krylon Satin Blue, and it was still too glossy, so a coat of Krylon Matte clear took it to the next level as you see in the pics. I think satin clear over gloss paint, would get you a semi-gloss and not be a true suede finish. But it's your own opinion that counts, try it out.

Great bucket seats on that interior. Where are they from? The understated white on grey interior really sets off that suede blue paint job. Looks like it's gonna come together just fine! Can't wait to see more...

Umm................no idea on those seats. They are right outa the parts box. Kinda funny tho, I can usually remember stuff like that- where parts came from. I must be getting old.