Model Cars Magazine Forum

Acu-stion NSX wing

If you were thinking of getting Acu-stion's resin wing for the new Tamiya NSX, just a word of warning - its pretty crude and inaccurate, and I don't think worth the $15.

It is too thick, doesn't have the right profile shape, the edges are too round, and its missing some elements. See attached photos.

Here is Acu-stion's response to my concerns: "It has understood. You must correct it. Please make it by yourself. After all, the enjoyment increases because it is a model."

While I don't mind doing some scratch building, when I pay $15 for a small part, nearly half the price of the kit, I don't expect to have to correct the part.

2017NSX_SportHybridEffect_Full_zpsbbtwjkzi.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

• 6 years later...

Update @Exotics_Builder@Zoom Zoom@Mike Chernecki: happy to report that ZoomOn Models created an accurate NSX wing. It's part of an NSX Type S transkit, but they were able to sell me the wing only, since I don't care for the Type S body kit. I've test-fitted it, and all is good.

ZoomOn has other cool stuff, like a T5-R transkit for the Tamiya Volvo 850 Turbo wagon. I have that too and it's pretty comprehensive; the only thing missing is T5-R-specific seats, but that's not a big deal.

IMG_3043.jpeg

Edited by BVC500
  • Like 2