Model Cars Magazine Forum

1st Generation Western Star 80-85 **Update 6/22/17

Here is a 2nd Western Star hood that may be cast as a conversion kit. Its a 80-85 Western Star straight hood. This will a conversion for the 1/24 Italeri kit. This was made by sectioning and expanding the AMT hood, with the rear half of the fenders from the Italeri hood(the fender radius was too small for 1/24). I still need to add the strips to the top of the fenders, and make a bumper. 

77E8B0FE-BBC7-49CB-85C1-BCE494AAA630_zps 9F2321E6-1C57-4DB6-8939-600C58F81F83_zps C9F05CAF-B516-4F84-99D9-31257A067E18_zps

Edited by Superpeterbilt

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile. I finally got the test castings back from Dave at AITM, and they are beautiful. Dave will have them ready for sale in the next few weeks. This got me back working on my truck again. The build has changed from what my original idea was. I will have an update on the set back axle truck soon also. 

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

Terry!  That is nice work!  The heavy duty look is outstanding!  How was the fit between rims and tires?  Did you have to shim the rims to get them snug?

thanks Charles, I appreciate the compliment. The rims fit great without any shimming. These new highway tires are nice.