Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Cuda complete!!!!

cruz

Hey Marcos, I do LOOVE the way this build has gone mate. B)

The final pics look amazing mate...particularly liking the stance this badboy has......PERFECTO !!.. ;)

I'm gonna have to finish mine now, aren't I...... B)

Thanks for sharing my friend, and just for being a friend. :unsure:

That's what I said about his Merc before he won anything with it. ;)B)

Seriously, this Cuda is freakin' sweet! Like Nick, I hope to see you at the Street Rod nats next weekend. That muscle car will steal some of the glory from the hot rods..... they better watch out!!! ;)

(All you guys buying up these Johan Cudas made me want to be part of the action.... I had to pick up that Johan Dart at the MAMA NNL. )

Hey Jonathan and Nick, thanks for the comments but I don't think I will be at the Nats on that weekend, have too much to do at home but hopefully I can be there for the next meeting!! :unsure:B)

Wow. I've seen some super nice cars on here, but I have to say this cuda is darn near perfect.

I have the convertible cuda kit and have been contemplating how I want the stance. I was considering lowering it similar to yours, but you've set the bar so high now with this one that I'm going back to the (idea) drawing board.

Great work!

Hey Cruz, just went out this past weekend and bought me some polishing pads. I have the ones that start at 3200 and end at 12000, are those the ones you have? If so, do you mind telling me how to use them? I am kind of intimidated by these things but I also want my paints to come out like yours. :D

Hey Cruz, just went out this past weekend and bought me some polishing pads. I have the ones that start at 3200 and end at 12000, are those the ones you have? If so, do you mind telling me how to use them? I am kind of intimidated by these things but I also want my paints to come out like yours. :D
Hey Jay, thanks man, those are the ones I use myself. Well, what can I say that has not already been said around these parts concerning the application and polishing of paint! :D;) You will see that a lot of the guys have their methods, some similar, others slightly different but when it comes to a good paint, foundation is the key. First of all, I personally like wet sanding my paints, I think it's something you should try but after you have mastered the art of drysanding first. You didn't say if you have a clear coat on your model or if you are just sanding the basecolor itself. You should have enough paint on your model so that you don't go through your paint and onto your primer while polishing. Learn to keep away from the sharp edges as paints never really settle around them in the first place. If you turned out with a slight orange peel on your finish, there is no need to start with the 3200. Be patient and make sure that you constantly check your progress. I suggest that you have a few bodies around before attacking your first project and practice, practice, that is the key. I am going to stop here and hope that some of the experienced guys join in and help you with your question, it will show you the diversity in which everybody goes around doing this. You can also go to italianhorses.net, they have a nice tutorial on painting and also lots of other cool tips. Also, if you go into the General posts section, you will notice that Bob Downie just put up 2 really cool links to aid you with your questions. Other than that good luck!!! ;)B)