Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Toyota GT86

martinfan5

Yes, this one of many that I will be building of the 2016 86,  anyways, the 2016 facelifted 86, new bumpers, grill/driving lights, headlight/taillights, spoiler , shark fin antenna and wheels.

On to the kit, painted Scion Ultramarine Blue from Scale finishes , I did this a US spec, but the US does not get the spoiler that comes in the kit, and I think I put the GT86 emblem on the trunk on the wrong side( instructions say left, photos show right). The wheels, out of habit I freed them of their chrome plating only to realize I needed them chromed, not having an chrome products on hand, I painted them with Tamyia Black, and then used Alclad Polished Aluminum, I am actually very pleased with how they turned out.

Great work! Love the colour you've used.

I really like the new lights (esp the rear) & spoiler, but i cannot get used to that awful front bumper, why did Toyota take what was already a good looking car & ugly it up so it matched the Camry....