Model Cars Magazine Forum

C7 -R test car

Gt fan

Wow the Corvette, my eyes have gone funny. Looks great, great camo style decalling! I was just going to buy this kit having seen corvettes at close quarters at Le Mans. What other problems did you have please?

The kit is now finished see under glass . I had to buy two kits. The first kit the glass did not fit. Revell did replace this. The wheels are to thick in the spokes. I thinned them down with some needle files. I didn't use the axles in the kit or the brakes. The brakes on mine are from a lambo gt3 kit. The centers just had to be drilled out. I re-drill the mounting location to lower the car. Front and rear. I heard of a body fit issue in the dash area so I sanded down the front lip of the dash (the one where it lays under the windshield and above the firewall. The is part of the roll cage that passes under the dash. I cut the cross bar off and the bar sat lower to the chassis . The intake in the back sits to high as well. I trimmed of the mounting tabs to make it sit lower . This way the hood sits nice and flat. When mounting the body,I glued the back to the aero tray and just a little on top of the firewall. If you glue the nose down to the chassis the hood does not fit in the front at all. The kit is very toy like ,but can be built into something nice. Scale Motorsports now has a full detail set for the kit. By the way I cut off the wart on the roof as the test verison pics I found did not have them. Carrera slot car has a nice set of wheels in 1/24 from one of there cars. Being in the Uk I'm sure you can get them easy. Just cut off the gear.  Would love to see Le Mans live some day. Hope this helped if more info is needed send me a pm. Here's a finished photo . 

image.jpg