Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Lightweight Galaxie - Romy Hammes Brannan

• 2 weeks later...

Update...Removed mold lines in front and rear bumpers chrome stripped and primed with Tamyia white primer.  Next will be to shoot them with Vallejo black primer then Vallejo chrome paint to simulate aluminum.  Front bumper has been modified to match up to the 1960 Galaxie underbody and chassis.  Same with the rear bumper.  Working to get the correct stance as raced. Additionally the hood has the FORD lettering removed and primed.  Basecoat to follow. 

63 brannan bumper (2) (1280x720).jpg

Edited by johnwitzke

Scratch built 63 lightweight bucket seats using a heavily modified MCW buckets that are included in their 1963 Lightweight Interior kit.   The first 5 preproduction lightweight Galaxies (Romy Hammas Brannon car was the first pre production car) had code 24 beige interior.  The production 63 Lightweight Galaxies had red interior   

63 lightweight buckets 2 (1280x720).jpg

Edited by johnwitzke

Once I have Dick Brannan's car finished I plan on doing three other early pre production 63 Galaxie lightweights.  The cars are, black Bob Ford driven by Len Richter and was also built in the Ford Experimental Garage, Gas Ronda's Heritage Burgundy car and Les Ritchey's Viking Blue car, both bodies built at the Los Angeles plant and delivered to Bill Stroppe.  All were re bodied 1962 lightweight chassis.  All of these cars had the Code 24 beige interior instead of the production lightweight red interior. 

Edited by johnwitzke

Thank you Edgar. 

Harry, I will still post how to make the seats when I do the Gas Ronda or Bob Ford car.  Right now I am under a time crunch to have this project completed for the IPMS National Convention at the end of this month.

Here is my work so far on the front grill and bumper.  Body color still needs to be added between the grill and the bumper and the turn signals need to be painted amber.  The picture is hard to see but the bumpers have the appearance of polished aluminum not bright chrome.  Also there is a license plate bracket and plate that says FORD the I will add.

63 aluminum bumper and grill detail (1280x720).jpg

Edited by johnwitzke