Model Cars Magazine Forum

First post and say to hi.

Hello Dear Fellas,

My name is Mutlu. I am 45 years old Turkish guy who live in Turkey İstanbul. I return to my hobby after nearly 30 years. Mostly building a 1/24-25 cars but not them only i also build 1/72 propeller and jets, 1/72 AFV s. I am a slow builder, mostly OOB builds. Anyway just a little introduction to myself and say hi. I like to be in here.

Thanks.

Thank you ver much. 

No problem, I've visited Turkey a few times now, and need to get back, I've only done the south, and need to get further up north, as there's quite a few places I need to photograph, the last time I was there was 2013, a very beautiful country, last time I was there I started to learn the language a little, it certainly makes you a little more welcome than most of the English thinking that everyone in the world speaks and understand the English language, and thinks that everywhere serves British food and beer, I always get off the beaten track and try the local food and drink, I fell in love with the Turkish food.

Here's one of my favorite photo's I took a few years ago, and yes, I did have to stand in the middle of the river to get the shot, luckily at the time of year the levels were slightly lower than they had been

No problem, I've visited Turkey a few times now, and need to get back, I've only done the south, and need to get further up north, as there's quite a few places I need to photograph, the last time I was there was 2013, a very beautiful country, last time I was there I started to learn the language a little, it certainly makes you a little more welcome than most of the English thinking that everyone in the world speaks and understand the English language, and thinks that everywhere serves British food and beer, I always get off the beaten track and try the local food and drink, I fell in love with the Turkish food.

Here's one of my favorite photo's I took a few years ago, and yes, I did have to stand in the middle of the river to get the shot, luckily at the time of year the levels were slightly lower than they had been

Saklikent%20Turkey_zpssjo8clri.jpg

Hi Geoff,

If you want to go the north region, i recommend to you Karadeniz of course. Rize (Ayder, Çamlıhemşin, Fırtına Deresi, Zil Kale) if you like they have a very nice rafting zones , Trabzon (Uzungöl, Sümela), highlands (Dolit, Olovit in Erzurum and Karadeniz Border), Artvin. And taste the delicious Karadeniz Foods (Hamsili pilav, mısır ekmeği, kuymak, all kind of fishes). As you know the region is also famouse with it's tea and nuts.