Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chris Cornell

I was 13 or 14 when Superunknown came out and it was immediately my favorite cd that I owned. I later found Temple of the Dog and even got to see Audioslave live in 2006 in think, Chris's music has been with me for most of my life. Today is a going to be a rough day, made sadder by the fact that there is some evidence that Chris might have taken his own life. I guess you don't write songs like that or sing like that without some inner demons to deal with. It's becoming quite depressing that all of my favorite bands are gone forever, I mean Layne, Scott, Kurt, Shannon, and now Chris. Can we get some bodyguards for Eddie Vedder please?

I'm so saddened by this.  It was the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning and have been bummed all day.  He was such a tremendous talent and had an incredible voice, one of the best.  I've always been a huge fan of Soundgarden, and Audioslave as well.  He'll be deeply missed....RIP Chris.

Soundgarden is one of my top five bands all time. Chris' voice is the voice of his generation. It just happens to be my generation. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding what happened I am just flat out bummed.

My brother Scott texted me "A great light has gone out..."

Godspeed CC...

Cranking "Louder Than Love" in the car. 

Wasn't a really big fan of Soundgarden, but did see what I guess was their 1st gig in So Cal. Had just got my shell on my 89 Ranger pu and some friends suggested we load up and run down to Santa Monica for this in-store concert. Remember when there were record shops and they did things like in-store concerts and meet and greets. Was a local band and presenting a new band from Seattle supporting their first record - Soundgarden. Wish I could remember the name of the store now, but memory fades. A couple of us sort of liked them, but most of the people I was with were more Goth.

A couple of us sort of liked them, but most of the people I was with were more Goth.

That's awesome that you got to see them live..... I bet they were really good, because they hadn't hit it mainstream yet........

as for your friends, they would love "Fell on Black Days", not much more Goth than that......  ;)

We pretty much figured they would take off, because they had a good stage presence. Just wasn't really any of our styles. The girl whose idea it was to go had played bass in a couple of bands in LA and then later went on to become vocalist for Stone 588 a Goth band that had some success in Europe. Plus she was a fashion designer and owns one of the longer running Goth clothing stores in So Cal. Then I was more into experimental, industrial and Kraut rock. 

Some nice tributes posted by Chris Cornell's wife and some peers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-cornell-tributes-most-touching-words-wife-vicky-karayiannis-dave-navarro-alice-2543593?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=rss_yahoo_news_related

Saw it posted somewhere else online and thought it was Great: "Rest in Peace Chris, no one sings like You anymore"

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a really big fan of Soundgarden, but did see what I guess was their 1st gig in So Cal. Had just got my shell on my 89 Ranger pu and some friends suggested we load up and run down to Santa Monica for this in-store concert. Remember when there were record shops and they did things like in-store concerts and meet and greets. Was a local band and presenting a new band from Seattle supporting their first record - Soundgarden. Wish I could remember the name of the store now, but memory fades. A couple of us sort of liked them, but most of the people I was with were more Goth.

Sounds like Tower Records. Gone now from the U.S. but huge in Japan, where they still do these appearances.

• 2 weeks later...