Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone know a source for these wheels?

geo storm

At the Maryland  MidAtlantic NNL I purchased this clean Geo Storm promo for the grand sum of $3.  That got me thinking. I had a lot of fun recreating my sister in law's Chevette in scale, so why not do another family car?

1993 Geo Storm

Here's the old family Geo Storm. First car to both my daughters and actually a very good little bugger. I'd like to build it from the promo.

The promo is the GSI version, while ours was the plain ole Storm. Body-wise it's just a matter of eliminating the spoiler and modifying the front valance. 

In the interior I need to find more suitable seats. No big deal.

I am quite aware that this promo is plastic welded together once you pull out the four chassis screws. I took one apart already. A bit of a chore.

The other issue is that the clear glass shot is the entire roof! Taken apart, the body has no roof at all. The dark clear covers the fact that there's a lot of black trim and black glass edging.  The white roof is a piece that sits on top of this.  The glass painting will be a bit of detail work, but I did it on the Caravan twins.

Now onto the big issue... the wheels. Yes, they may be fairly easy to make, but I'd like to use my  "Ask The Audience"  to see if there's something near close in a kit.  Anyone?

I think you're out of luck with that one Tom. But. like you said, easy enough to make.

Just cut the spokes from sheet stock in 1 piece and add to the face of another set of wheels.

You could add the character lines with the back of a #11 blade the same as you would for door or trunk opening lines.