Model Cars Magazine Forum

Taking some forced time off/away, for the foreseeable future...

JTalmage

As much as I've wanted to build lately, I just haven't been able to. I accepted a management position at my company in the middle of March, and I've been working too many hours to even think about building. I've also been trying to be more healthy, and exercise as I've gained too much weight over the past 9 years at this desk job. So far I've lost 24 lbs since the end of May. I'm also trying to actually become enthused about working on my full size 1:1 cars again, and I've been reacquainting with old friends, etc. 

Plus, the Photobucket situation was sort of the nail in the coffin for me on forum posting. I don't have nearly the time to go thru, and re-edit all my posts, sign up for another hosting site, etc. So, for now, at least for a while til things calm down at my work, this is goodbye. 

I've learned a lot of great things and met a lot of great people. I will miss going to shows as well, and occasionally seeing my builds in magazines, but I gotta do what I gotta do. 

Thanks everyone, take care.

Jesse

good luck on your changes.

just don't get rid of your hobby stuff, you'll wish you had kept it.

I'm sticking around a few days to reply to posts/PM's/etc. But yes, I definitely don't want to, however all my stuff is overgrowing my space... I may have to thin things just a little.... but *ONLY* just a little. I definitely WILL return to building, that's a fact. I don't want to have to start ALL over again like I did in 2012 when I got back into it the 1st time.

Good luck to you. That's a great weight loss in a short time frame. We will be here when you return and you WILL return at some point. : )

Thank you. I was 289lbs, and I knew I needed a change, but couldn't bring myself to start that change. And, somehow I've had literally no withdrawals to pop/soda and caffeine and sugar! The secret was to apparently drink alcohol and have a really bad hangover and feeling like death to the point of starting a diet! (part of that reacquainting with an old friend LOL) So now I'm down to 265-ish. I know the first 20lbs. is easy to lose, after that it gets tough! If I'm under 250 before the end of the year I'll be surprised. 

I will return at some point for sure. But I need to take a break, as much as I don't want to. I feel like it's a burden to have to make time to build and I don't want it to be a burden. I want to enjoy it.