Model Cars Magazine Forum

XX 70 maverick

Lizz62

Good News guys, this kit is on it's way. A couple years ago a friend of mine sent a certian company the platform for the all new tooling for a Comet/Maverick. I can't say the company here but when the promotion is ready they will be announcing the release. 

That got my attention! Not asking for you to divulge anything real secret, but about how long down the road are we talking? Are we looking at a year, or 5 years?

Hay, David. I like the green Twister.

The wheels & tires look good on the red one. Are you gonna do anything to the stance?

Looking forward to more photos. A guy I knew back in the day bought one at an estate sale. It really was a little old lady's car with under 10,000 miles on it. I kinda like the Mavericks and Comets. I'll be watching to see how yours turns out.

That got my attention! Not asking for you to divulge anything real secret, but about how long down the road are we talking? Are we looking at a year, or 5 years?

It's already been 2 and a 1/2 years and product development is what takes the longest. The latest update I have is that the company had two new releases in front of the Maverick/Comet and one of those just got released this past summer. It's probably still a ways out but I hope it's not 5 years away.

It's already been 2 and a 1/2 years and product development is what takes the longest. The latest update I have is that the company had two new releases in front of the Maverick/Comet and one of those just got released this past summer. It's probably still a ways out but I hope it's not 5 years away.

Thanks for the info. I've got way more than even 5 years of building in my stash. I guess I can be patient.

Anthony, will this be a reverse engineered version of the Jo-Han kit? The proportions of its body were so good I don't see how they could be improved. Updated chassis of course, but otherwise if it ain't broke...

I agree I liked the Jo-han kit too. But I can tell you that the tooling is completely fresh but the messurements are based on another kit they have with the same proportions. If I say too much more it's gonna give it away and I'm gonna be in trouble lol.

Hay, David. I like the green Twister.

The wheels & tires look good on the red one. Are you gonna do anything to the stance?

Looking forward to more photos. A guy I knew back in the day bought one at an estate sale. It really was a little old lady's car with under 10,000 miles on it. I kinda like the Mavericks and Comets. I'll be watching to see how yours turns out.

im lowering the front a tad . thanks

I always liked Mavericks from the start. They are on a Falcon/Mustang chassis with a 5" shorter wheelbase. Quite a sleek body shell. With the 302 V8 engine and the chassis hot rodded as one would do to a Mustang, they can be quite a quick car. Because they're a little smaller and lighter, they can outperform a Mustang with the same prep. And I always liked their look. I have a Johan that I built as a Pro Stock when they were 1st issued and a Johan Comet that I'm building into a phantom SCCA A/Sedan using a recent issue AMT '67 Mustang chassis shortened to fit.