Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wrecked ‘70 Super Bee

Furiousgeorge

George, on some that I've done I would cut about the front 1/3rd off a fender or corner of a hood and cover the entire part with heavy self adhesive aluminum "auto body repair" tape then wrinkle the front thin area for real thin metal look. 

8 hours ago, Rotorbolt73 said:

That is the most detailed Carter AFB Carbuerator I have seen in this scale. What kit is it from?

It’s a resin piece from Fireball Modelworks. As good as it looks in the picture, it’s way better when you’ve got it in your hand! His stuff is fantastic!

6 hours ago, Kustomm said:

George, on some that I've done I would cut about the front 1/3rd off a fender or corner of a hood and cover the entire part with heavy self adhesive aluminum "auto body repair" tape then wrinkle the front thin area for real thin metal look. 

Where can I get some? That sounds way easier then trying to wrinkle the plastic.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, Furiousgeorge said:

Ingot a bit of a break, and got some engine work done. I know it should be orange, but I wanted to try out a new brand of paint. Still have to make an open distributor, broken fan belt, and exhaust, but it’s coming along nicely. Moving slowly, but still going. I did finish a ‘74 GTX that I’ve had going for years. Good to get that one off the bench!

910336B7-B945-4DF1-83B8-4EA9BA9ABBB8.jpeg

9F8258F1-3EFB-4712-BB1F-EBBC725CC92A.jpeg

9277F087-E0C3-4C03-8BD7-0E1CE8254B77.jpeg

That is one nasty looking engine, just perfect for what you're doing.

Most any auto parts store, ask for 3M 06930 auto body repair tape. it's very thin and sticky and will wrinkle like the real thing in scale. you can cover the entire or perhaps like half a hood  panel and burnish it down and not lose any detail except for emblems or name plates. in those cases I would remove them and later drill holes to look like a missing emblem. Just remember to cut off the plastic where you want the damage, post pics! good luck

I picked up some of the aluminum tape, and started messing about with it. I think it’ll work nicely with some practice. Made a full fender and bent it up some. I’ll do the front 1/3rd or so if each fender, the rad support, the bottom panel under the grille, and the front bit of the inner fenders. I ended up sticking the tape to some regular tin foil to strengthen it up some without making it too thick.

945F0E58-8D5A-4324-88AE-C1490D5DCF3B.jpeg

Edited by Furiousgeorge

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...