Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Diablo VT - completed

JeroenM3

So i have no clue wether this should be under the workbench or glass section as its completed but ill post some building pic's also.

The build of my Diablo VT

taEnWsJ.jpg

HqlHLno.jpg

SRsZ8ti.jpg

Fully painted with 3 layers of the TS-89 spraycan

v9n89no.jpg

Final assembly:

RnX2s8T.jpg

Completed (although still needs polishing and decals):

RTQ4qUS.jpg

scsgrQr.jpg

e8nN1r6.jpg

Quite happy with the outcome of it, must say Revell is alot less detailed than im used to from Tamiya (steering dont work for example), but its fun as a "quick build" depending on how far you go with paint etc...

Your windows look much better! I miss this kit. I did mine yellow. I like your color choice! Looks nice 

i have to admit, the windows are easy on this kit aswell, theres just a platform that covers the whole inside of the roof so thats where the only glues at :rolleyes:... 

Nice Lambo!......I have the roadster version to do some time myself. They do build-up pretty nice.

yeah there pretty straight forward and easy compared to the likes of tamiya and aoshima kits im currently working on, however it was my first and only revell build so far, i just hope not all revell kits are as easy to do....

Let me know when the roadster is to be assembled, i was always a huge Ferrari fanboy (and still am) but lamborghini has really grown on me the last couple years (mainly due to sticking to REAL engines intead of those stupid forced induction engines like Ferrari is switching to nowadays, and they start making some real nice cars the last 10 years orso :)

i have to admit, the windows are easy on this kit aswell, theres just a platform that covers the whole inside of the roof so thats where the only glues at :rolleyes:... 

yeah there pretty straight forward and easy compared to the likes of tamiya and aoshima kits im currently working on, however it was my first and only revell build so far, i just hope not all revell kits are as easy to do....

Let me know when the roadster is to be assembled, i was always a huge Ferrari fanboy (and still am) but lamborghini has really grown on me the last couple years (mainly due to sticking to REAL engines intead of those stupid forced induction engines like Ferrari is switching to nowadays, and they start making some real nice cars the last 10 years orso :)

most revell and amt kits are also simple like that. Some are more involved. But for the most part that's their platform. No steering. Most of them don't have brakes to speak of. And a lot of them have not so great tire and wheel sets. But still I build a bunch of them lol

most revell and amt kits are also simple like that. Some are more involved. But for the most part that's their platform. No steering. Most of them don't have brakes to speak of. And a lot of them have not so great tire and wheel sets. But still I build a bunch of them lol

the thing i really noticed about revell, is the fact that they have alot of kits, in my opinion even more than tamiya has car's wise, and also alot of the ones i want to build. So ill probably make alot of more them too in the future :P