Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gen Discussion.

:D Guys, N Gregg, I was lookin thru a different website (they e-mail me) and I noticed they had a thread for "off-topic" discussions.I'm assuming this means non-model related B/S. Maybe those of you that liked the political B/S threads could ask the "Big Kahuna" if he could do something like that?Me, personally, I don't care for the ###### that goes down on those particular types of "discussions" I'm too wantin to talk models to be concerned with that B/S. But quite a few of the guys seem to "like" a "spirited" discussion.So just ask Gregg If he'd go for somethin like that?I dont get involved in that stuff an I don't like the sh8t that seems to motivate it.But I kinda think it's petty to take your toys an go home cause it's not allowed.We don't need to lose anyone over this, so maybe if youall ask nicely, Gregg might consider doing this under the understanding that you "Enter At Your Own Risk"Me, I don't care if he does or doesn't, I'm just tryin to keep us one happy family.Cuz,I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! :lol:

:lol: Guys, N Gregg, I was lookin thru a different website (they e-mail me) and I noticed they had a thread for "off-topic" discussions.I'm assuming this means non-model related B/S. Maybe those of you that liked the political B/S threads could ask the "Big Kahuna" if he could do something like that?Me, personally, I don't care for the ###### that goes down on those particular types of "discussions" I'm too wantin to talk models to be concerned with that B/S. But quite a few of the guys seem to "like" a "spirited" discussion.So just ask Gregg If he'd go for somethin like that?I dont get involved in that stuff an I don't like the sh8t that seems to motivate it.But I kinda think it's petty to take your toys an go home cause it's not allowed.We don't need to lose anyone over this, so maybe if youall ask nicely, Gregg might consider doing this under the understanding that you "Enter At Your Own Risk"Me, I don't care if he does or doesn't, I'm just tryin to keep us one happy family.Cuz,I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! :lol:

I'd love an "off topic, enter at your own risk" type of area here.

But it's not my forum... :lol:

I could go for something like that too. I always try to be civil as possible and respect the views of others and I'am pretty much a openmind person. What I have seen in here so far has been civil behavior by everybody and we just have to remember that when people are expressing their views about things, its their opinion and they do have the right to express it even if you don't agree with it, at least give that person some measure of respect.

I would be happy to discuss the state of our hobby but it seems that many don't really care for that type of discussion and theres a whole lot to say about it but if folks can get together and do a better job of promoting the hobby and perhaps help keep it alive for a long time, its worth whatever it takes to do that. Education does not stop after you finish high school & we will keep on learning lifes lessons til the last day of our lives and I learn plenty by reading the views of others and looking at things in a different way than before whether I agree with that viewpoint or not.

"Enter at your own risk" section is a good idea and I do hope that we can keep that level of discussion civil and respect the rights of that person expressing their views. Name calling and insults at each other gets us nowhere and we are after all, adults and should know better! Put some class into it and be mindful of others ok? It can be fun and you just might be surprised at what others think about some things.

Its not my forum but I do respect whatever rules & decisions the Boss makes.

~ Jeff

Well, I thought that was what Rants and Raves was suppose to be.... so... yes! I am all for it. Unfortunately, when someone clicks the "View New Posts" link they will have to see any new post regardless of the section. That was the complaint in the first place... unless I miss my guess.

Yes, I can be civil and it is the freedom to discuss anything that keeps my interest here. Incidentally, I wouldn't leave because of hurt feelings but I could lose interest if all we can talk about is plastic cars....

okay, I try not to tell any one how to run thier show, and Gregg has done a great job w/ this site (so far be it for me to think I have any advice for him), however, I think that if given the opportunity to do so we (as posters) would be willing to self-police ourselves knowing that the thread will be modified / pulled if we get out of hand. just a thought, obviously we got carried away b-fore and are now paying the price. I think if given the second chance (w/ some guide-lines and off-limits topics) we would do our darndest to avoid losing the opportunity again, and if we do then we deserve it and will fully accept it. just my 1.5cents (too taxed for the full 2)

There are sites I belong to that have a password or permission to enter certain places. That would work to keep those from getting riled about whatever, and give a place for spirited dialogue.

That's possible.

I would like to keep it separate, without having to re-register.

I will see what licences I have for more forum software, and what can be done.

This is for model cars, period, coma, semi-colon, etc...

I would like to keep it that way.

I know, it's ironic, I don't want to put politics here, seeing how things are going here at home B)

B) Gregg, thanks for even considering it.I din't see too many responses so maybe it hasn't been scene by enough of the guy's.If only a few want it,and not the rest, it may not be worth your time and trouble.It was just a suggestion to keep peace in the house, and try to make everyone happy. but if not enough people care, why bother?Personally,I like it the way it is,caz I'm not a political person.I was just thinkin out loud an wonderin if others might find it a more agreeable solution.Thanks again for thinkin about it,after all, it IS YOUR desicion.I was just tryin to separate the politics away from the models. B)B)

Well, I thought that was what Rants and Raves was suppose to be.... so... yes! I am all for it. Unfortunately, when someone clicks the "View New Posts" link they will have to see any new post regardless of the section. That was the complaint in the first place... unless I miss my guess.

Yes, I can be civil and it is the freedom to discuss anything that keeps my interest here. Incidentally, I wouldn't leave because of hurt feelings but I could lose interest if all we can talk about is plastic cars....

I too assumed that's what Rants and Raves was for. I was a little irritated when people began to object to posts that were off the subject of model cars. We've all got enough "PC" in our lives.

I didn't tend to agree with most of the off topic posts, but found most postings to be acceptable.

Personal attacks certainly should be avoided, and as with most public fourms, if you attack someone, YOU LOSE!