Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wet Paint on 55 project...Updated 6-30

KDog

Our club is building 55's by our show date. Heres the paint on mine today. Just a hint she'll have a hot water 6 with chromies & wide whites. More to come.

Comments Welcome

Kenny

55cleared-vi.jpg

PPG Hot Licks Turquoise with HOK Snow Pearl roof, the graphic (from a temeplete I cut) is Passion Pearl and blue. Also added a little blue pearl powder in the clear.

Edited by KDog

Our club is building 55's by our show date. Heres the paint on mine today. Just a hint she'll have a hot water 6 with chromies & wide whites. More to come.

Comments Welcome

Kenny

55cleared-vi.jpg

PPG Hot Licks Turquoise with HOK Snow Pearl roof, the graphic (from a temeplete I cut) is Passion Pearl and blue. Also added a little blue pearl powder in the clear.

All right!! That looks great. I am currently working on a resin '58 DelRay sedan delivery. Where did this '55 body come from?

Got a little more done to the 55 over the weekend. Also found a bar grille in the junk box to add to it. Heres a shot outside this morning. And to answer a few I'm casting this body @ Bandit Resins link below.

Kenny

55right-vi.jpg

Kenny that is one nice looking ride you have there! Like so many of your builds the paint and details are so great and well executed.

I hope you have some of these bodies available at the show, along with that very nice '50 Chevy Panel truck you recently added. I have been eating PB&J and saving my lunch money in anticipation of buying these from you! ;)

Mike

Kenny that is one nice looking ride you have there! Like so many of your builds the paint and details are so great and well executed.

I hope you have some of these bodies available at the show, along with that very nice '50 Chevy Panel truck you recently added. I have been eating PB&J and saving my lunch money in anticipation of buying these from you! ;)

Mike

Yea moms going to be @ my table. Wife & I will be working the show. Thank You for the comments they are by no means are my builds perfect! But I have fun with them...