Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Vickie

Lyle Willits

001-vi.jpg

This started as an old green buildup that I got in a bag from a friend. The body was modified to fit the Revell kit.

The model is basically a copy of the 1:1 car in the June 2008 Rod & Custom Magazine, with a few changes here and there.

003-vi.jpg

Tailights are the teardrops from the tudor sedan kit mounted on the teardrop photoetched surrounds found in the MCG '32 Ford set.

010-vi.jpg

Engine is the Dodge "baby hemi" from an old AMT '32 Ford roadster kit. Engine was painted very similar to the 1:1 car.

015-vi.jpg

Interior side panels were scratchbuilt from sheet plastic. Arm rests and handles cut from a Revell kit door panel.

008-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:D What a great looking build Lyle.Personally I like the fact that you can kitbash the Revell 32 with the "Old" AMT series of 32's (like you said,with a little work) and come up with a whole set of "New" 32's Yours came out GREAT!.And until Revell came out with their new sedan, the Vickie was the only game in town!I like it! :D

Hello there friend! You sure put the smack down on this one Mr. W . Excellent build-up and should look a beaut next to the other ones. I bet your

collection is a modelers high heaven. Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

ajulia

Another masterpiece! How many deuces does this one make?

Hope I get to see it Saturday!

This is #24. I've already started NUMBER 25 - a sedan delivery. When that one is finished,I'll bring them ALL to a meeting.

Yes, I'll be at the CPMCC meeting on Saturday.