Model Cars Magazine Forum

Collection pics!

Plastic_Passion

I would get some glass doors. Dust is the worse enemy of model cars. 

By the way, your collection looks great.

If I tried to display mine like you do, my feline kids would think it's Christmas, and I just gave them some nice shelves for them to sleep on. They would just dislodge the cars, and play with the remains...

I'll play... I have one big display case and a smaller Ikea one that will house large-scale models as I build them. The big case is a flea-market find that looks good with the rest of my funky mid-century furniture. It cost more for the refinishing supplies than the case!

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

10 hours ago, TonyW said:

Here's a shot of some of my Surf/Fink stuff. We moved out of the apartment that display was in some time ago.  Everything is in storage for now, awaiting me doing a bit of construction in the new place.

Tony.

058.jpg

Tony this is great! Here' to breaking your stuff out of the clink soon Lol 

5 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

I would get some glass doors. Dust is the worse enemy of model cars. 

By the way, your collection looks great.

If I tried to display mine like you do, my feline kids would think it's Christmas, and I just gave them some nice shelves for them to sleep on. They would just dislodge the cars, and play with the remains...

Tulio, I'd love to get some glass. Especially in my house. Not that it's dirty but I have two cats and two rabbits. So I definitely have some dust bunnies and some dust around. I just noticed last night that my 78 camaro that I overhauled last year is looking a little hazy in the window department. Too much dust. Thank you for the compliment on the collection. I' fortunate enough that my furry "kids" don' mess with my stuff. It' actually my girlfriend that breaks them by accident. Or so she says lol

18 minutes ago, jaymcminn said:

I'll play... I have one big display case and a smaller Ikea one that will house large-scale models as I build them. The big case is a flea-market find that looks good with the rest of my funky mid-century furniture. It cost more for the refinishing supplies than the case!

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

Jay, your stuff is what dreams and goals are made of!!!! This is incredible. The display, the cars, everything... looks amazing.

8 minutes ago, dptydawg said:

this is part of my collection in a couple display cases. I mounted them on wheels so they are a bit mobile

Carl

DSCN1526.JPG

DSCN1532.JPG

Carl, first off I like your displays! I see you have some diaromas going. That's cool! Don't see that a lot. And second I want to ask, does your name stand for deputy dog?

Thanks, Jeremy. I just kept an eye out for the right case for my purposes. Something else to think of when you start running low on space is to go vertical. I found acrylic display risers online that let me set up that high-level display space and gave me a lot of extra room. Good idea using those media shelves for display... they look great and save space!

1 hour ago, jaymcminn said:

Thanks, Jeremy. I just kept an eye out for the right case for my purposes. Something else to think of when you start running low on space is to go vertical. I found acrylic display risers online that let me set up that high-level display space and gave me a lot of extra room. Good idea using those media shelves for display... they look great and save space!

I was definitely thinking about that myself as well. I've seen the four post lifts you can get on eBay for a few bucks. I also want a car hauler to put some on too what better way to display both of those items! I realistically could make plenty of space for a man cave setup in my basement but I also do some wood working projects and don't want that mess all over my vehicles.