Model Cars Magazine Forum

looking a hood

58 minutes ago, Casey said:

The Monogram '65 hood is pretty much what you have pictured.

Yup, that's a '65-'66 big block hood, and it is indeed found in SOME issues of the 1/24 Monogram '65 Vette kit (and possibly the '66 Penske racer, I don't remember). But this hood doesn't really fit if you're looking to put it on an AMT or MPC or Revell 1/25 kit.

This hood was found in the original annual MPC '66 Vette, which Modelhaus once reproed. Others have resin "'65-'66 big block hoods" in their lines, but many/most I've seen have been copies of the hood from the AMT '66 roadster kit, which is actually a custom hood along the same general idea, but is NOT an accurate representation of the actual '65-'66 Chevrolet Vette big block hood. (Interestingly, the AMT '66 Vette Coupe kit had a 427 engine but not the big block hood, while the '66 roadster kit, with the humped custom hood, had only a small block engine.)

thank for ur input...guess i jump the gun....shoulda asked if any 63 thru 67 vette kits had this hood...my bad...from what ur saying can u tell me the exast kit that might have this hood...im working on a replica of the 63 coupe i owned from 1968 til 1997...and here is the kit i building if that helps

box art.JPG

6 hours ago, outlaw035 said:

thank for ur input...guess i jump the gun....shoulda asked if any 63 thru 67 vette kits had this hood...my bad...from what ur saying can u tell me the exast kit that might have this hood...

To repeat: The original annual MPC '66 Corvette kit had this hood. The Monogram '65 Corvette that has the red built model as box art has it, though it's 1/24 and you'll probably have trouble matching up the hood bulge with the "stinger" that carries over onto the body, but if you want to build it hood-up that might not be a problem for you. 

Also, Greg, a member here, might have the hood you need in resin. See this thread: 

Edited by Snake45