Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detroit Diesel series 60

I am working on a Series 60 engine. So far I have found everything I need from the web, including the instructions. However, no image on the web shows part 58 as shown in the instructions. Looks like a filter. Any guesses?

Filter.jpg

Edited by landman

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

Pat, Based on the shape and location on the front accessory drive, it is the power steering reservoir.  Type, size and location varied by truck manufacturer.  That looks like a very well detailed engine - what kit is it?

Revell AG Peterbilt 977, I bought it on eBay.

I believe you mean 377, Peterbilt has not come up to the 900 series yet as the highest model number in the Peterbilt lineup is 587. ;)
The only kit manufacturer I know of that does a Detroit Series 60 is Italeri and it's in their Peterbilt kits, Revell AG did rebox some of the Italeri kits and issued them under the Revell name and the 377A/E is one of them.

Edited by Force

20 minutes ago, Force said:

I believe you mean 377, Peterbilt has not come up to the 900 series yet as the highest model number in the Peterbilt lineup is 587. ;)
The only kit manufacturer I know of that does a Detroit Series 60 is Italeri and it's in their Peterbilt kits, Revell AG did rebox some of the Italeri kits and issued them under the Revell name and the 377A/E is one of them.

You are absolutely correct, 377 it is.