Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '57 Chevy upholstery decals

Does anyone know where I might find a set of decals for the interior of AMT's '57 Bel Air? I would like to find decals to go over the textured part of the seat. I can paint them, but decals would look better, I think.

I'm needing black one. Where could I get black decal film? There's no hobby shops around here.

Thanks!

Are you building a hardtop or a convertible?

The seat inserts are different between the two.

The convertible had a relatively smooth monotone insert, but the hardtop had a more deeply textured upholstery.

I think painting would give a more realistic look to the hardtop inserts.

Personally, I would try painting the inserts a darker shade of the overall seat color & then give them a fairly heavy black wash.

That seems to be the basic look of the seats that I'm seeing.

Steve

image.png.e1ad9afa7b85f2ae094590e6eeb45ee1.png

image.thumb.png.a12fcddb42e1bec62c14ff7d9573c7f7.png

image.png.021546b51b4116c820266ea9719cf377.png

image.png.d9bdc0c612d5b45ab6d1499d580b1405.png

Scale Motor Sports has just the decals you're looking for. Their part #SKU 1976 has the correct pattern for the '57 Bel Air. I have used these on a couple of '57 builds. I painted the seats in the main color like OEM. I created a templet for the seat patterns and the door panels. The decals are very thin and require you to take your time but the results are worth it. The appearance has just the right amount of the main color showing thru and the black pattern shows perfectly.   

1 hour ago, espo said:

Scale Motor Sports has just the decals you're looking for. Their part #SKU 1976 has the correct pattern for the '57 Bel Air. I have used these on a couple of '57 builds. I painted the seats in the main color like OEM. I created a templet for the seat patterns and the door panels. The decals are very thin and require you to take your time but the results are worth it. The appearance has just the right amount of the main color showing thru and the black pattern shows perfectly.   

There you go!

I had forgotten that Scale Motorsports had those "Elephant Hide" decals.

Yes, they are very thin, but with care they will lay down better than a standard decal.

Steve