Model Cars Magazine Forum

Early 60s Gasser

200mph+

Really cool! Nice detailing. The trunk panels are terrific. Can't wait to see more.

I've just started a Tudor that's as far away from this one as can be: A low to the gorund custom adapted to the modern Revell '40 Ford Good Guys Coupe chassis. It'll be awhile until I start posting W.I.P.s so I'll count on this one for inspiration!

B.

Hey Mark, nice work! can't wait to see more

(well, I can, just don't want to)

I specially likes yer tires & wheels :P

39FordGasser016.jpg

nice ta have another new member what puts

valve stems in his rims :o:unsure:

Thanks ######'n! Oh, without Valve stems.........how ya gonna air em up.? LOL

Got some small stuff out of the way today. Now back to the body

39FordGasser026.jpg

39FordGasser027.jpg

39FordGasser028.jpg

39FordGasser029.jpg

39FordGasser030.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Raul, Yep, I will be using the big PE foot for the gas pedal. LOL

The fire extinguisher and PE are a kit from "Detail Master" (part # DM-3218). It comes with two turned aluminum fire bottles and lots of PE to do two types/styles of extinguishers. They are easy to assemble and really look good when finished.

BTW, thanks again for the Hilborn pics. They were so great, I gutted my platform and started over. (lots of fun details to add) I'll post updated picks when they are done.

Mark

Hi Guys, got some work done on the engine today. Raul sent me some fantastic Hilborn injection pics that inspired me to start over with my injector system. BIG THANKS to Raul! I like this one ALOT better than the first one. In the morning I hope to add the plug wires, linkage, valve cover bolt heads, stacks and make the headers.

39FordGasser040.jpg

39FordGasser042.jpg

39FordGasser043.jpg

39FordGasser045.jpg

Hi Guys, got some work done on the engine today. Raul sent me some fantastic Hilborn injection pics that inspired me to start over with my injector system. BIG THANKS to Raul! I like this one ALOT better than the first one. In the morning I hope to add the plug wires, linkage, valve cover bolt heads, stacks and make the headers.

You're very welcome!! I got the pics from eBay. It's a great source for detail shots of old and new parts!

Your detail work on the injection is AWESOME!! Keep up the GREAT work and the posts!!

Hey Guys! Got my headers made last night and started test fitting stuff.

The headers are looking right on the money!! This is going to be one really cool old gasser!!

• 2 weeks later...