Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airplane modelers, I need advise

The Allison V-1710 was 36 inches wide, and they were packed in pretty tight. 1/32 would be closest to the dimension you gave. 

IIRC, the Rolls-Royce Merlin was only 29 inches wide. A P-51D might be even closer to 1" across. Not sure, though.

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

Your going to do what ?  Oh boy, this I have got to see!

I cut up a Paddy Wagon glue bomb to make a clone of an old Aurora kit. I realized the cab is way too long the way I cut it. As I've tried different wheelbases and wheels for mock and to give me a direction to go in, I saw an airplane nose as a possibility.

This is a quick sketch using a generic nose. After drawing it I realize the scoop at the bottom of the P-40 would have to go and that is what I thought made that nose cool looking. This nose does have a small scoop on the top like the P-40 along with two large scoops on the side for the radiator. I think power would be a 4 banger. The rear wheels should be moon discs, or steelies with trim rings and small caps.

P3260170.JPG.84bfabfefbd478ea27d13289436ed4c6.JPG

The Steelies look much better

P3260171.JPG.02628391e57e9a219694108893e38f2c.JPG

Edited by Psychographic