Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gator McKlusky’s White Lightening Galaxie 500

dragmodels44

Hey Guys, I wanted to post some updates on the Burt Reynolds White Lightening Galaxie 500. It’s another addition to my movie/tv cars collection that’s been on the back burner long enough. I started with the old AMT police interceptor as the base using most everything except the body which I used a missing link resins 71 Galaxie. I used the Hurst shifter from the Boss 302 / Mach 1 kit and added the pad printed G-years.

The actual engine is a 429, not a Boss, but I used the police interceptor engine anyway, but I did have the correct air cleaner and I added wires. 

Thanks for looking!

A8B88557-523B-4528-81F7-3BF105F9AF00.jpeg

659BB500-D5CF-4B04-8D52-E3DB3DC3948C.jpeg

E61CF43F-8AD7-4593-B652-E1AC562084B4.jpeg

It is looking great, love the paint. I am building a 1:1 version of the car and a kit to go with it.

As an FYI, the distributor goes where your coil is. You have the distributor in the radiator hose outlet.

My 1: to be a clone of the movie car.... and it does have a 4 speed already.

0602161753-00.jpg

The real car didn't have a 4 speed. The phony sound track was added to the movie. There are several scenes where you can see the column shifter in the car and both of Burt Reynold's hands on the steering wheel. So phony, so dumb.