Model Cars Magazine Forum

kyle busch 18

bubbaman

i mean come on they have DANICA PATERICK and she never won a cup race  - my man KYLE is about the best there is - a lot of people don`t like him but  the truth hurts - why can`t they make an  18  kit  [ today`s  18 ]

Because Toyota would not grant Revell permission for them to do the Toyota Camry body ,  Revell wanted too, Revell even planned on it, Revell did everything they could, but Toyota said no, we want a Japan company to do it.

Edited by martinfan5

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

Because Toyota would not grant Revell permission for them to do the Toyota Camry body ,  Revell wanted too, Revell even planned on it, Revell did everything they could, but Toyota said no, we want a Japan company to do it.

Yep it's all about licencing. Toyota wouldn't grant it to Revell. Yet diecast companies are making the same cars in 1/24. Toyota wants it done by Tamiya. They have a partnership with them already for the JCGT cars. Im sure Tamiya wont simply because they wont sell outside of NA or not enough to make Tamiya want to invest. 

It's the same with the licencing for Goodyear. Goodyear likely wants too much $$ per kit to allow their brand to be on the kits so Revell left them off.

Eventhough I'm not a huge NASCAR guy, I'd still like to see a Toyota kit to go with the Ford's and Chevy's. Maybe once Toyota switches to the Supra Tamiya will be more interested.

54 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

Yep it's all about licencing. Toyota wouldn't grant it to Revell. Yet diecast companies are making the same cars in 1/24. Toyota wants it done by Tamiya. They have a partnership with them already for the JCGT cars. Im sure Tamiya wont simply because they wont sell outside of NA or not enough to make Tamiya want to invest. 

It's the same with the licencing for Goodyear. Goodyear likely wants too much $$ per kit to allow their brand to be on the kits so Revell left them off.

Eventhough I'm not a huge NASCAR guy, I'd still like to see a Toyota kit to go with the Ford's and Chevy's. Maybe once Toyota switches to the Supra Tamiya will be more interested.

Yes sir, its about the licensing. 

I dont even know if the Supra would get Tamiya to do it, its still something that is more for the American market, it would be like the old Revell US doing the Super GT cars,  same thing,  now I want some new Super GT kits(that are not $100 resin kits),  you had to bring it up :lol:

Bubba , you could always just buy either the revell snap kit or the new glue kit and then get the current Toyota resin body from mike's decal's and do it that way. Only trouble is I don't know if anyone has done decals for Busch. If there was a nascar Toyota driver I had any inspiration about building for, I would go the snap kit way, because I purchased a couple of the kits for less than 10 bucks when hobby lobby was closing them out. I could always do my own decals even for busch, but like I say, I have zero inspiration for him or any of the nascar Toyota drivers.