Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 MPC Hydro-Vee Boat

Casey

On 9/18/2018 at 7:12 PM, unclescott58 said:

Is this built with the new reissue? Or an original kit? It is gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hands on one. I hope that someone will show us what this kit looks like unbuilt too. A good kit review with photos of the unbuilt contents of the box. And it would be nice to know if there is anything to watch out for in building this kit? 

It would also be interesting to see the above with a 1/20 or 1/18 scale model car or truck, for comparison. Will it look good behind my MPC 1/20 1970 AMX?

It was built with the new issue. 

No pics of the parts,  and no problems in assembly as the kit has a low parts count and is a very easy build.

I agree that the 1/20 AMX might look cool with this boat, but unfortunately I had no 1/18 or 1/20 vehicles in my collection to compare it to.     

Edited by pack rat

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the (upside down) long side of the box Tim Boyd posted elsewhere, you can see how the battery was mounted and where. I can't make out the position of the straps, but I would guess they attach to the underside of the floor:

DSC_0626-vi.jpg

An original instruction sheet would probably clear things up.