Model Cars Magazine Forum

Too many pictures?

To delete pics as an example.

What i got today. ...some from several years ago. Makes no sense to me to keep them

Or items for trade material.  Again why keep them here if said item is long long gone

Especially pictures in threads that are several years old.

Or multiple threads were same picture is posted. 

Ive got over 35 pages of pictures here........ just would be easier to delete them at my choice 

• 1 month later...

I work for years with the free NSonic JPEGG Compressor, what I downloaded from a German modeling forum.

You download this compressor on your computer and save in it in your programs.

This JPEGG Compressor is very easy and userfriendly.

You can sharpen photos in this program, and load them directly into any forum from your documents.

My photos are 800x600 at 74KB, and fit on any forum.

Size and KB can be changed, including sharpness and a watermark or copyright.

comp_51.jpg.009d9ebedf013d2459da3298e0f70dc7.jpg

And with frame....

comp_comp_72.jpg.1ed06af59132869032e534e24692ad7e.jpg

In this way you are not restricted by costs, number of photos, or online conditions.

Hermann.

Edit:

Here some examples.

jpgcompress_screen.jpg.24a820e36357b5cf6ce82fb4c5015e97.jpg

jpgc_convert_opt.gif.44a1dbec3fcdde605e5712d51746fba0.gif

jpgc_frame_opt.gif.7d43145e9f61e816a157a6240d852ff2.gif

And below a link, note that everything is written in German.

NSonic JPEGG Compressor

Hermann

Edited by Hermann Kersten

On 10/21/2019 at 6:24 AM, Hermann Kersten said:

I work for years with the free NSonic JPEGG Compressor, what I downloaded from a German modeling forum.

You download this compressor on your computer and save in it in your programs.

This JPEGG Compressor is very easy and userfriendly.

You can sharpen photos in this program, and load them directly into any forum from your documents.

My photos are 800x600 at 74KB, and fit on any forum.

Size and KB can be changed, including sharpness and a watermark or copyright.

Hermann

I think you missed the point...the quality of the images is not the issue, it's the quantity of the images.

10 hours ago, BigTallDad said:

I think you missed the point...the quality of the images is not the issue, it's the quantity of the images.

Um, as I see it it is neither the quality or quantity.  It is the file size of the picture (image) file. And that is not even a problem because mods told us we have oodles of free space. But it is prudent not to overindulge by uploading huge photo files when they are viewed within the posts (not printed out poster-size).  We might have lots of free space now, but it will eventually fill up.  Makes sense upload smaller photos.  Mine usually don't go over 1024 pixels across (often are 800 pixels across).  Another forum I belong to automatically reduces size of huge photos being uploaded down to 1024 pixels across.  That way nobody has to even think of needing to resize before uploading.

4 hours ago, peteski said:

Um, as I see it it is neither the quality or quantity.  

Re-read the very first post in this thread, where it says "Lately, I've noticed that threads seem to contain many more photos than the Photo Bucket era. In a few cases, 40 or more photos appear in the opening comments on the thread, with only slight differences (rotated ten degrees, etc.) in each photo."

30 minutes ago, BigTallDad said:

Re-read the very first post in this thread, where it says "Lately, I've noticed that threads seem to contain many more photos than the Photo Bucket era. In a few cases, 40 or more photos appear in the opening comments on the thread, with only slight differences (rotated ten degrees, etc.) in each photo."

The first post?!  LOL, that was in July 2018!!

In the meantime, after 50+ replies, the subject being discussed has changed quite a bit. Just look at the most recent 25 posts or so.