Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 Impala Roadster

skymnky721

Greetings from mtr cty,,heres what I would do to a 58 Impala if $$ was no object for the 1:1 car. Its a kit from the 90's,, AMT 3n1 I got at a swap meet,,10$ I think.  Modified parts are: Removed  hard top,, Intake for the 409 mtr. Rims,,rear tires,,sidepipes,used custom front airdam that came in kit.  Painted w/ Testors quickdry enamel. Hand painted interior. Kit came w/opening doors,,but they took alot of sanding+ size/fit work to get them to close decently. Hand painted sidetrim work as well. No BMF anywhere on this,,just taped it off w/tamiya tape,,and painted it.  I think its one of Chevy's best designed body styles. So unique. Enjoy all the works here,,keep on building!

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Thanks guys,,and yea Bigtall,,I did forget the rear lens frames,,and BU lights. The bezels for the rear tail lens were so small + frail on the sprues that when I trimmed them off,,there were the dreaded sprue warts on 2 sides of the diameters,  tried to fine file them round but couldnt quite get a convincing "round" look,,,so  I just installed w/o the bezels{ I know ,,its not  " period correct",,many times thats not so much my goal w/a build.} And Roadster does come to mind due to removal of the hard top. Maybe its not a roadster,,maybe "roadster like"? lol  And opon looking at it closer,,I realized I forgot something else,,  Throttle linkage rod going to carbs from the firewall area!  UPDATE::  I have the throttle linkage pc built+ painted,,will install when it dries. But Ill paint the backup lights while it dries.thanks again for looking+comments. Build away!