Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Chevy II

THORDOOR220

Small update. New rear end and four link brackets. Still have to make brackets for the wishbone. The rear end I made earlier was a tad too wide, so the brackets would hit the tires. This one is a little narrower, and looks much better anyways I think. The other one was not very clean. Don't know if I'll have time to do much more today, we'll see.

1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Been super busy lately, haven't made hardly any progress...meant to finish the 4 link yesterday, ended up going car shopping (bought Saleen though, so still a good day). I think I need to find a new way to build that 4 link, my current method is not working very well. At the least I think I need to restart parts of it. I'm also starting another build, since I'm thinking this one is going to take a pretty long time, and I think that the new one will help to motivate me a little bit more. Hopefully have more time for modeling soon.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, THORDOOR220 said:

Been super busy lately, haven't made hardly any progress...meant to finish the 4 link yesterday, ended up going car shopping (bought Saleen though, so still a good day). I think I need to find a new way to build that 4 link, my current method is not working very well. At the least I think I need to restart parts of it. I'm also starting another build, since I'm thinking this one is going to take a pretty long time, and I think that the new one will help to motivate me a little bit more. Hopefully have more time for modeling soon.

Well I hope you can actually finish this Nova.It looks really nice...As far as building a four link,maybe try to use a four link from a pro stock/pro street Revell car.The 55,57 Chevys.The other cars you might find them in,is the Christine and the 55 Ford Pro mods.Or even the Bob Glidden T bird.I don't think that's gonna help ya too much.I just thought I'd give it a shot.Id really like to this beast all finished.I love the mid 66,67 Novas.Great cars.

Well Good luck

Edited by NYLIBUD

23 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Well I hope you can actually finish this Nova.It looks really  ice...As far as building a four link,maybe try to use a four link from a pro stock/pro street Revell car.The 55,57 Chevys.The other cars you might find them in,is the Christine and the 55 Ford Pro mods.Or even the Bob Glidden T bird.I don't think that's gonna help ya too much.I just thought I'd give it a shot.Id really like to this beast all finished.I love the mid 66,67 Novas.Great cars.

Well Good luck

Have you tried parts from futurattraction or dirt modeler  ?

Highly recommend either or....

Thanks guys. And I have not, I will look into those. I'm a little broke at the moment, since I'm already putting money into my new Saleen...but after a couple pay checks, I might buy a 4 link for it. I'll probably try again at it before that, though. I feel like making it might be a little more rewarding. We shall see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nobody got hurt, so there’s that. There’s no fixing the insurance though. They’re just giving me less than half of what it would take to replace the car because it has a rebuilt title (it was stolen and stripped in 2011, but it had all brand new stuff (including motor and trans) with less than 40k miles since then). I was less than happy with them to say the least. I bought a donor car, and I’m swapping over everything from the old one. Modeling will just be postponed until that’s done

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my December bad luck continued, and I now have to replace my truck. I swear I'll get back to this build, it just might be a little bit before I can really put more money into modeling. Until then, I'll be using what I have available to work on my camaro build. I'm really hoping to be back on this before long. Sorry guys

4 hours ago, THORDOOR220 said:

Unfortunately, my December bad luck continued, and I now have to replace my truck. I swear I'll get back to this build, it just might be a little bit before I can really put more money into modeling. Until then, I'll be using what I have available to work on my camaro build. I'm really hoping to be back on this before long. Sorry guys

Hey good luck,we'll be waiting.Lol