Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT ERTL 1967 Shelby GT-350

Hotrod 97

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

Alright, time to get back to the Shelby. 

I wasn’t satisfied with the way the paint job turned out, so I soaked it in Super Clean for a bit to get the heavy stuff off. 

I’ll put another thin coat of primer on before I paint it (again).

F22DC8BD-34E0-4074-849B-12A0BA1577E7.jpeg

UGH...... I hate when that happens... did it many many times. Keep with it.

• 3 months later...

Alright, I'm gonna stay with this build until it's finished this time. I decided to start over with the body and strip it down to the bare plastic. Here it is after about a half hour in a 91% IPA bath. I'll clean up the remaining paint/primer tonight.

20190429_205552.jpg

20190429_205608.jpg

Nice interior and I hope the paintjob will work out for you.
This kit is a part of the last batch of all new tooling kits AMT/ERTL did in the mid to late 90's before the RC2/Learning Curve bought the company...not much new from them after that.

31 minutes ago, Force said:

Nice interior and I hope the paintjob will work out for you.
This kit is a part of the last batch of all new tooling kits AMT/ERTL did in the mid to late 90's before the RC2/Learning Curve bought the company...not much new from them after that.

Thank you very much for the interesting information - I did not know that about this kit.

I love your detail work.  I realize it is a small point but darn you painted that engine belt system with a very steady hand.  It looks perfect, as does the dash and the door panels.  Can't wait yo see the finished model.

16 hours ago, Slimguy said:

I love your detail work.  I realize it is a small point but darn you painted that engine belt system with a very steady hand.  It looks perfect, as does the dash and the door panels.  Can't wait yo see the finished model.

Thank you very much, David. I appreciate the compliment. Good eye - I took my time with the fine details.

• 1 month later...